Since you voted for it, does anyone know what you voted for.

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
You just approved that a person living at the same address as a current board member can not run for the board. If two people, living at the same address, neither of which is on the board, runs at the same time and gets elected, what is to stop them? The answer is NOTHING. One of them can only serve one term and then set out for a year but both can run and be elected at the same time. You, and the BOD of KCBS, really need to read and understand what you vote for.
:clap2::laugh::pray::crazy:

I voted "no" because of the way it was written. If a BoD member's term is coming to an end and he's going to be off of the Board this rule means that his wife or other family member can't even run for the next board. I believe that this is known as "Prior Restraint".

I voted "no" because of the way it was written. If a BoD member's term is coming to an end and he's going to be off of the Board this rule means that his wife or other family member can't even run for the next board. I believe that this is known as "Prior Restraint".

Now that you are on the BoD, it it possible to get a parlamentarian or at least someone who understands the use and application of the English language to review items going forward. Even the word share is open to interpetation. Hopefully, you will see the slippery slope this leads to.
A simple change in the wording would have accomplished the desired results.

Instead of "A Member of the Corporation is not eligible to seek election for Director of the Corporation if the member shares a physical address with any current Director of the Corporation." it could have been as simple as "Two or more Members of the Corporation, who reside at the same physical address, can not serve concurrently on the Board of Directors of the Corporation."

This way at least, Tom and Jane can take turns on the BoD without one of them having to change their address for three months. If they both want to be on the board at the same time, then one of them will have to move to the lake house though.:becky:

Last edited:
Back