Eggbert meets his match

The nest I got with the used egg didn't have casters so I went to harbor freight and bought these 4" casters. Were $4 apiece I think.
IMG_2884.jpg

Great score Ron. I use mesquite lump a lot. It is really sparky when lighting, especially with the weed burner, so be careful. You can always smack the big pieces with a hammer to get them down to size.

Good tip! not only do I get to play with fire, I get to smack things with a hammer! :rolleyes:

Mine came with that cart, they aren't that stable. I'd get larger wheels if you plan on moving it around the pavers, pull it don't push it or it'll go Humpty on you!

I was very careful pulling it from the driveway. I'm not moving it for now. I'll either get another nest for maybe a table. I wish I had the woodworking skills to build a table for both.

I wish I had the woodworking skills to build a table for both.
Don't remember how old your kids are but a highschool shop class could make a nice project out of it. You could get plans and supply lumber. You could compensate workforce with lunch!

Don't remember how old your kids are but a highschool shop class could make a nice project out of it. You could get plans and supply lumber. You could compensate workforce with lunch!

My daughter is 19 and she's about as handy as I am :rolleyes:

We're very suburban around here. I'm not even sure if our high school has a shop class. They must, but having a girly girl I never heard much about it.

Someone on the Egghead forum said that my newly acquired Egg looked like an old terracotta one. I can't find any info on BGE brand ever being made out of anything but ceramic. Any of you veteran Eggers (or Dr. BBQ?) have any idea about that? The material of the shell underneath the firebox where it is not seasoned is the same color as my new one, so I am pretty sure that it is ceramic, but I am wondering how I can tell for certain.

Back