• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork belly with homemade slider rolls (Pron) - Heaven on earth

Got the slider dough going, thank you! :) I'll post some pics of the finished product later today. Gonna make some burgers today -- never made a slider burger before.

Okie,
Looks great

Where do you buy your pork belly?

We get small fresh ones at Hong Phat Market in Lacey

Got the slider dough going, thank you! :) I'll post some pics of the finished product later today. Gonna make some burgers today -- never made a slider burger before.

Hope you like them. It is hard to describe the texture -- almost a cross between sandwich bread and cornbread.

Okie,
Looks great

Where do you buy your pork belly?

We get small fresh ones at Hong Phat Market in Lacey

At Western Meats in Tumwater. They always have some fun cuts like pork belly, whole shoulders, butts, and various rib cuts. They also have good local grown chickens that only go about 3.5 lbs. So many grocery chickens are 5-6 lbs. and flavorless.

Thanks - I know exactly where it is. Used to go to the Old Red Barn across the street before it turned all yuppie

At Western Meats in Tumwater. They always have some fun cuts like pork belly, whole shoulders, butts, and various rib cuts. They also have good local grown chickens that only go about 3.5 lbs. So many grocery chickens are 5-6 lbs. and flavorless.

A lot of the weight of grocer chickens is solution too. I bought about ten 3.5 lb all natural chickens from Sprouts about 6 weeks ago. They've all tasted so delicious. I think it is a combination of the size and the lack of injections giving it that great flavor and texture.

Gonna have to try this. Haven't had pork belly in foreeeever. Guess it's time to keep an eye on 99 Ranch's sale prices for some pork belly. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the slider bun recipe! I didn't have any vegetable oil so I used up some tallow I had (which I rendered from the trimmed fat/sinew off the full packer brisket I barbecued recently).

33v0oc7.jpg

Ya know after making these rolls and tasting them (with the white castle-like sliders I made), I agree, they are gonna be KILLER with pulled pork. Can't wait to try this with PP. Thanks again Okie.

Back