View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
VitaminQ
is One Chatty Farker

Just got back from Art of BBQ at the beautiful OU-Tulsa campus. We took the kiddos and did the taster kit thing for $10.00 apiece. It's for a good cause, you know. Unfortunately, I didn't get by to introduce myself to brother Steve until we were on our way back to the car with a couple of mucho overheated kids in the stroller. It's 96 degrees right now- it was farking hot at the event!
Anyway, it was cool to meet Steve and the other Sigma Smokers- they've got a sweet party bus! I did get to sample some of their ribs, and I'm very impressed! For one, I've never seen that much meat on a rib. And they were done just about perfectly, IMO! Very nicely glazed sweet and hot sauce on 'em- and the texture was right on! Good job, Steve! They were a damn sight better than any of the People's Choice ribs I got.
It was a good time, all in all. Saw some cool cookers and sampled a lot of Q. Some of you may know Keri C. from TVWB or Basso's board- she put out some pretty good grub. Her hog apple beans are the bomb-chit-diggety! Good event. Hot, but fun.
Steve- let us know how you guys did.

ECB w/mods
Weber Smokey Joe
18" Weber Kettle
22" Weber clone kettle
Curb-foundling char-broil gasser
WSM: Assembled! First cook: 8/25/06
Fanatical devotion to the Q
VitaminQ is offline   Reply With Quote