Cold Smoking In A Backwoods???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anybody done it or see it done? I'm thinking I could fill the water pan on my Fatboy with ice and put one of those Amazen smokers in the coal basket. Should work right?

That is how it is done with an electric smoker. Just make sure the water pan is full of ice.

I'm told you only need about six pieces of charcoal and a little wood--you are going for smoke not heat--to do things like cheese. No water pan needed.

I used a Amazen smoking tray in my Party. The temp never got above 85F. But you have to do it on a cold day. I guess ice in the pan would work.

Anybody done it or see it done? I'm thinking I could fill the water pan on my Fatboy with ice and put one of those Amazen smokers in the coal basket. Should work right?

You probably don't need the ice on a cool day, but with the superior insulation in the backwoods it certainly wouldn't hurt to have some in there.

I use the Pro Q Smoke Generator Gives smoke and no heat You can put that in the Backwoods and will not need ice unless it is really hot that day

Back