Practice Makes Perfect

T

The Pickled Pig

I had a little too much time on my hands last weekend and decided to practice for contests in the Arctic weather. The brisket turned out good but the chicken was dunked way too early.

1.jpg

1.jpg

That is a great looking briket box, 9.

The chicken is a bit dark and messy (over sauced?). 6

Brisket looks great. You spray it or was that the natural juices?

Looks great... I have a line on what may be 'Big Bubba' so I'll hopefully be doing the same soon...

Great Job (though the chicken does look a little over sauced but I do like the color)

Dude, looks to me like you drilled that brisket. Gorgeous.
And I'd hit that chicken too, I don't care what anyone else says!

I like the presentation of the brisket and the arrangement looks spot on. The chicken as you said was dunked early still looks ok but it looks like you could use more garnish in both boxes.

I like the presentation of the brisket and the arrangement looks spot on. The chicken as you said was dunked early still looks OK but it looks like you could use more garnish in both boxes.
I don't know, I kinda like the fact that it's not overflowing with garnish... Makes the garnish seem more of a supporting character rather than competing for attention... (critic mod)

I don't know, I kinda like the fact that it's not overflowing with garnish... Makes the garnish seem more of a supporting character rather than competing for attention... (critic mod)
I agree. I like that the garnish enhances the appearance of the meat but does not over power it. I would score that a 9.

Paul, like what you did with the brisket presentation...it really looks good. The chicken may be a good thing, IF, the skin is bite through. It looks like it would be tasty. I like it!
Just my $.02.

Back