How does everyone get team logos on their drums

Stencil cut out with a exacto knife and painters tape is what i used for my mini.

I'm a Midnight Coal miners Fan :wink:
uds009-1.jpg

uds009-1.jpg

LOL. I tell ya I am in awe at some of the fancy Team drums I have seen built and always said I was going to do a green NWMSU bearcats drum for tailgating but at the same time I don't know if I want to because I know it will get moved around and scratched and dirty ect. But geez some of these drums are cool looking.

You can do a stand off cut out and bolt it on if you know someone with a Water jet.

Stencil cut out with a exacto knife and painters tape is what i used for my mini.

Or....you can get lucky and find a die-cut decal (the ones people put on their car windows) on Amazon and save yourself some time :)

Put the decal on.....paint with high-temp paint.....remove decal. I wanted the silver to shine through on my mini....but you could first paint the area with whatever color you want the logo to be (high-temp)...wait for it to dry...put the decal on....paint over the whole thing with your main color (high-temp)....remove decal...BOOM.

mini.jpg

So let me ask you all this regarding High temp paint. Do you prefer brush on or spray can? I have both. My old UDS I sprayed the whole drum but typical of all aerosol paints it is so thin no matter how many coats you put on and it scratched off very easy. So I bought Rustoleum high temp grill paint in a quart can and brushed it on. It was a nice thick coat that was way more durable but it didn't have the smooth finish that a spray puts on. I cannot decide on this new one (which is ready to paint) which type of paint to use this time. I used spray paint for my intake tubes but the drum and lid I am unsure of.

Powder coat. I didn't care for the high heat rustoleum i had prior

No, have to take it to a paint shop that does that sort of thing. Not a DIY.

uds009-1.jpg

Do you have pics of the whole bottom of that UDS I could look at. I have to carry mine from behind the house, and it is all grass. I havent put casters on it, because they would be useless through the grass. Now those tires would be well worth the endeavor...:clap2::becky:

What I did was build a cheap frame out of 2x4s and put small casters on each corner. My drum sits right down in the frame on 4 corner braces. You can't roll it through grass but 2 guys can each grab a side handle and carry a loaded drum then replace it on the castered base when they get where they are going.

took some work high temp and little patience best part it cooks great

Attachments

• IMG_20140217_175634632_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20140217_175634632_HDR (1).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
Back