The Jack Daniels Draw

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I thought I'd start up a discussion about the Jack draw. It would be interesting to see which teams have a bid locked up and where the battles are. Post any info you have. There are a few Brethren teams in the NY draw.... :-D

Oinktoberfest 07 - Lunchmeat
Sayville 07 - BBQ-Brethren
Lake Placid 08 - Jack McDavid
Troy 08 - IQUE
New Paltz 08 - ????

I Smell Smoke has multiple automatics into the Jack

Is PA only:

Yardley 08 - Lunchmeat
New Holland 08 - ???

Hey Chris,

Are you qualified via an automatic? There are less and less automatics these days. Even Utah and Wyoming have two contests each now. Cool Smoke is in with seven wins, the seventh being Tryon, NC in June. He was already qualified by winning Dover, Delaware last fall though. That's pretty awesome. The best part is that where ever Tuffy was in the draw for a win, his name will be removed from that state draw. This will increase the odds for those in the state draws. Lotta Bull and Smokey Mountain Smokers are both chasing a win or two with four weekends to go. If they reach that goal, it again means that it will be better chances for those in the state draws where they won. As for this part of the country, if you win one in Kansas or Missouri your odds of going to the Jack Daniel's World Invitational is about one in thirty-five.

Sorry I missed you at Harpoon. I was really disappointed I couldn't make that trip. See you in October!

Rod

Hello Rod, haven't you gotten your 7th now?

I think Bart has an auto from New Mexico this year. I thinks it is an only contest in the state. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Rod, Thanks for removing yourself from MO and KS! :mrgreen: Helps the rest of us.

We have three draws... our first ever.

Kearney, MO 2007
Pleasant Hill, MO 2008
Burlington, KS 2008

Three draws and slim chances to getting there. Sad, but true.

Rod, Thanks for removing yourself from MO and KS! :mrgreen: Helps the rest of us.

Kearney, MO 2007
Pleasant Hill, MO 2008
Burlington, KS 2008

Three more chances than most folks have, good luck!

We have 2 wins in Oklahoma. My questiion is, does your name go in for everytime you won or just 1 time no matter how many wins in that state you have?

We have 2 wins in Oklahoma. My questiion is, does your name go in for everytime you won or just 1 time no matter how many wins in that state you have?

one draw per contest per state... you have two chances in Oklahoma.

Kearney, MO 2007
Pleasant Hill, MO 2008
Burlington, KS 2008

Yea thanks Rod!!! I'm hopin' for that slim chance to fly!!!!

If I am not mistaken 1 in 6 shot for us.I think at the present Buzz (2 Fat Bikers) has 2 chips in and the other name escapes me?Wisconsin by the way has 2 contests left. :twisted:

Right now I have a 50/50 shot for Ohio.

I am also currently the only Ohio team to win a grand so if that holds for another month I can get in the Jack that way.

If I am not mistaken 1 in 6 shot for us.I think at the present Buzz (2 Fat Bikers) has 2 chips in and the other name escapes me?Wisconsin by the way has 2 contests left. :twisted:

2Fat Bikers = 2
Florida Skin and Bones = 1
Bringing the Heat = 1
Princeton - TBD
Milwaukee - TBD

This information has been brought to you by the Pickled Pig Contest Locator Map. :wink: I wonder who's brain child that was. :rolleyes:

Lee and I have one for Missouri as Sloppy Creek BBQ!! Never thought I'd get to participate in these Jack discussions! :-D

If I'm not mistaken, last year, DD got his only Grand at Glasgow and was the big winner from Missouri. You have three times the chance he had last year, right? Anything can happen.

Yup that was the one .42 teams were entered for Princeton as of Monday with a couple weeks to go.I havent seen a lot of discussion for Milwaukee.I would think there would be a good amount of cookers there as theres a Harley for GC.

I've got two chances in GA. Tuffy was kind enough to win Dillard and take that out of the equation. I think Joe of Smoky Mountain Smokers has at least 2 in GA, so I almost hope he beats me this weekend. I believe Lotta Bull is in there for a couple too, so go Mike and Debbie! :wink:

Not sure how many total for this qualifying period, maybe 7-8 counting the 2 FBA contests. Regardless, I'm stoked! This is my first time in the mix and I can't wait.

Back