• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IT's HERE..... (w/ pron)

Here we go again...
Finally got to get some smokin in this weekend.

Here's the DL on the cook:
16 Lb USDA Choice Brisket, trimmed down to 14lbs.
Cooked with a combination of Pecan and Oak Wood.
Temps held between 255-280 throughout cook. Usually was around 265.
Began cook at 2AM. Finished at 2PM.
Seasoned with Salt & Pepper
After Internal Temp hit 165, mopped every hour with a mixture of 4 parts water, 1 part worcestershire, 1/2 part sriracha sauce, 1/2 part tiger sauce.
Wrapped in butcher paper at 190, pulled off at 200.

Notes: I pulled at internal at 200. Brisket was excellent but I think it could have cooked another hour, hour and a half. Flavor was spot on, not over smoked, ran clean CLEAN fire. Passed the bend test though!

photo11_zps3042b8b3.jpg

Pic of the smoker, running at 2! Temp outside was 50 degrees....sucker runs solid.

photo21_zps72335c6f.jpg

Couple of actions shots. First one here is at 145 degrees IT

photo3_zps24ef25e5.jpg

165 IT

photo4_zpsddd00cf2.jpg

Lastly, 185 degrees

photo5_zps12940037.jpg

GREAT Bark, glistening fat, incredible.

photo1_zps7246f8de.jpg

Lastly, cut up, ready to serve a hungry family!

photo2_zpsba36373a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Also, I meant to say it passed the snap test also, pulled apart and snapped with just a little resistance.

that Looks Deliscous. Muscrat sho makes a fine Smoker- he needs to get moved and settled in so I can have him build me a Vertical!!!!!! :thumb:

that Looks Deliscous. Muscrat sho makes a fine Smoker- he needs to get moved and settled in so I can have him build me a Vertical!!!!!! :thumb:

Dude I'm with you there. We are living in a 30' camper. Our living room is under a barn.

Outstanding. Looks great

That is one Knarley cooker dude. The Brisket looks beautimus and most likely tastes even better. Thanks for sharing!

Back