Replacing Thermometer

WvQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm replacing the crappy thermometer on my CG and placing it a little lower. I hadn't really thought about it until I saw one brand that said +/- 10 degrees accuracy. Does anyone have any idea if this is a normal accuracy range for a BBQ thermometer? I'm not sure the difference between 225 and 250 really makes that much of a difference as long as it's not 225 one time and 250 the next?

that sounds like the norm.. unless your spending some money on Tell Tru's that is accurate enough for normal BBQ usage..

I use this one on the UDS and the CG on the CG it is in the center just above the handle the tip is about 2" above the grates. They are very accurate about 10.00 at Academy sports.
DSCF0057.jpg

I use this one on the UDS and the CG on the CG it is in the center just above the handle the tip is about 2" above the grates. They are very accurate about 10.00 at Academy sports.
DSCF0057.jpg
Yeah this should work fine. Don't over tighten it or use the dial to tighten with when you install it though as it will mess with the calibration. If you want even more accuracy, I would suggest getting a good wireless digital thermometer as well. The consensus seams to be that the Maverick ET732 is the best thing out there in digitals. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IMA718/ref=pe_214850_27915190_pe_vfe_dt2"]Amazon.com : Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732 : Meat Thermometers : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I put two on mine one on the right and one on the left side right ar grate level.

DSCF0057.jpg
That's the exact model I was looking at that said within 10% accuracy. I guess it's the right one. I ordered it with a 2.5 inch stem for six buck. I actually ordered two.

Back