Go for the Gold Pics

Gary had pics of it. The third link.

We had a really good time and it was fun hanging out with all of the teams. We were supposed to have a Mexican dinner served but the promoter came around just before the cook's meeting and told us that dinner wasn't coming. I had planned on the dinner not being there or at least not being that good so I made some red beans & rice.

gftg33.jpg

I put some in cups and started taking it around to the other teams. Next thing we knew people were showing up with our site with chips and homemade salsa, tri-tip, rib tips, hot links, brownies and aload of other food. We ended up having a party and we loved it. It was great having folx come by and hang out with us. I think we had about 15 people under our popups at one time and everybody hung out until after midnite.

Winning awards is nice but the camraderie is the best!

Bigmista - looks like y'all had a blast! Congrats on the walk too.

Camraderie is nice but the winning awards and $ is the best! :redface:

Yea 4 Q is a great stop when at a comp
All Hogs Go To Heavon has a better Menu
and the floor show is super
But 4 Q is Multi Media

Great time had by all. I was most impressed by the support from other teams. Despite not having the Mexican dinner, we had food galore for dinner and breakfast from foods shared by all. The Four Q impromptu party rocked.

Cool pics. If your only experience with bbq contests were pictures, you'd think that 80% of it all was sitting in a chair under a tent.

As I look through the pictures, its interesting how a Cali contest looks just like a contest in Florida, NY, Midwest, Texas, or anywhere USA. Friendly faces, smokers, tents, chairs, and the occasional RV/Trailer. BBQer's are such an amazingly friendly and social bunch. What a cool hobby we have.

Congrats, bruddah! Sorry the comp wasn't organized real well, but I can tell by the smiles that it wasn't TOO bad. :)

Okay, I missed what the award was for. :confused:

Actually they got 2 walks. The picture above was for 1st place ribs. They also got a walk for 5th place brisket. It was good to see 'em on stage. They are a great team and great people. It's always a pleasure to have them as neighbors!!!

Thanks!

Jay we're looking forward to seeing you and Monica at Thousand Oaks. Bentley, I know you guys are already in. Looks like we have another party in the making!!

Mista's shirt looks like mine during and after a contest......

Back