Thread: Beef Stew
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
You aren't fooling me calking!
I can see the dryness, plus, my big brother (rip) used to use steak like that to make bolognaise sauce...lean cuts just aren't made for that.
But, can I have a bowl too, just to be sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHB View Post
I'm with you. Rough cuts slow cooking best for stew!
John
Man, the Aussies are a tough crowd to play to these days

It was the best beef stew I have had - not because of the meat but because it had cumin, loads of garlic and jalapenos in it... and it was the first one I have made myself. You're probably right that a fattier cut would have been more tender. But the steaks are what I needed to clear out of the fridge, so in they went! Had some with grits for breakfast today and it tasted even better (couldn't taste the smoke the day I cooked it).
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote