Surprise Pastrami and then Pork Loin fer Dinner

rifraf

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My better half surprised me with an already prepared corned brisket flat and peppered ready for the smoker while I was gone for the last couple days!!!:clap2::clap2: Who was I to argue!!

I think she used Thrideye's pastrami rub because it was still up on the pc when i got up today!!

100_0204_zps9dc82901.jpg

But it decided to rain today so i had to improvise to make the UDS an umbrella

100_0205_zpsa9ea4088.jpg

I lashed the umbrella to a piece of re-bar!

100_0221_zps9b1f22b6.jpg

So the soon to be pastrami starting to settle in its bath of smoke mmmm Its gonna be good.

100_0210_zps2c7f0aaa.jpg

So as you see I have tons of room left on the rack, and this pork loin in the fridge was calling my name. So I decided it was gonna be for dinner :biggrin1:!

100_0212_zps02bd735f.jpg

So it got a rub sprinkled on it of some stuff i tossed together and then a lite coating of montreal steak seasoning!

100_0213_zpsfc970de7.jpg

100_0218_zps6f710c99.jpg

And it got tucked in also about an hour later

100_0219_zps496da0f5.jpg

Pit is holding steady at 245*

Last edited:
So far so good the loin is @135, and pastrami is @160 about to go see if it pass the probe test.

If your loin is at 135, you should be removing it very soon! 140ish at the highest if you like your pork moist.

If your loin is at 135, you should be removing it very soon! 140ish at the highest if you like your pork moist.

lol yeah I like my pork moist!! I did pull the loin at 140 but had to run to the hospital because my grandma was getting admitted. I will post the pics and the results when i get back to the house.

Ok sry for the long delay. All is stable for now do I figured i would at least finish what i started yesterday lol!!

Here is the Pastrami it turned out really awesome very tender with a succulent peppery flavor!!

Here is the Loin today after i warmed it up for lunch. I did have to try a piece before I left yesterday though.

And a plate view of a quick lunch!!

The loin has a nice full flavor with just the right amount smoke flavor. and it was still juicy today after i warmed it up!! :biggrin1:

She is doing good. She is resting today. She had a bladder infection that spread to her blood and was severally dehydrated. But the nurses say they are on top of it now. So we see how she does in the next few days.

Shoot... sorry to hear! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Shoot... sorry to hear! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Yeah it popped up out of nowhere. She was really bad yesterday talking all kinds of gibberish and hallucinating stuff. Today she has sleep most of the day however she will acknowledge ppl when they get her to wake up. So that is a great improvement!!

Back