Memphis in May 2013

My fiancee and soon to be mother in law and myself had a BLAST last year hanging out with everyone. It was about a bazillion degrees but it was still an awesome time.

Unfortuantly, we won't be able to make it this year since we're getting married on the 11th and will be in Jamaica.

Therefore, yes, I hate to inform you all ... there will be NO cream colored ash grey Brethren shirt at MIM this year :tsk:

Good luck to all the teams.

you could buy a new, real ash gray T shirt and wear it in Jamaica :becky:

Can anyone tell me turn in times including beef/ancillaries please? I am helping a friend to prepare a corporate team from the U.K. Thanks.

1245pm - Exotic Turn in
1245pm - Tomato Sauce Turn in
115pm - Seafood Turn in
115pm - Mustard Sauce Turn in
145pm - Poultry Turn in
145pm - Vinegar Sauced Turn in
215pm - Beef Turn in
245pm - Hot Wings Turn in

If they need anything, Please have them contact us, we try to help all the first timers out as much as possible

Send me your email...I'll send you the complete team manual as a pdf

Neil

My wife and I will be in the crowd this year. Definitely going to write down team names and lot numbers so we can come by and visit for a moment.

Thursday in our tent R-018, BBQ Brethren Mixer, All Brethren are invited...

I just stumbled upon this thread, Team name and Booth Number are as follows:

ASAP, S-232

Another sign that Memphis In May is getting very close. Yesterday I was at the school where my wife works. While there I always check on Slab Yo Mama's 40 foot, two story, Mega party trailer which is stored across the street. I saw the trailer had been moved out of the storage area and set up in the final prep - ready to launch area. They had a couple of guys working on it but it looked like it was ready for Tom Lee Park. Only 2 weeks until load in. I can't wait!

Awesome, Remember to come by and say hi...Especially Thursday at 5pm for the mixer...Trying to get a Big Brethren photo taken.

Will try to make it but will be tough, we are hosting the Kingsford Tour of Champions Thursday from 4:00PM to 6:00PM:wacko:

I will try to send one of the Girls down to at least represent the team...

Cheers

Mike, Did you see there is another Canadian team there from Toronto.

Uncle Ritchie's Hillbilly BBQ - Patio Team

brethren-map.jpg

Can't wait, getting ready to paint the jedmaster next week.

ASAP, we are right next to you in S231. Stop over and give me all your tips, we need help!

Swinebucks/TooSauced, see you guys in a few.

Mike, Did you see there is another Canadian team there from Toronto.

Uncle Ritchie's Hillbilly BBQ - Patio Team

Yep they are with us for the first few days, they are an Amateur team that did very well in the Canadian Southern BBQ Association circuit. The association put their name forward to MiM and covered the entry fees for them once accepted. Our team has been "Paying it Forward"; coaching them on the event as we were coached three years ago by TSTP. Both of them are very excited as so far and I hope their experience is as great as ours was.

You will get to meet Sean and Tabithia hopefully at the mixer, we will ensure that they get the full tour.

The Canadians are coming.....

Can't wait, getting ready to paint the jedmaster next week.

ASAP, we are right next to you in S231. Stop over and give me all your tips, we need help!

Swinebucks/TooSauced, see you guys in a few.

We are looking forward to this year!

This will be our first time in the shoulder division.

It looks like we will be rolling into town either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning (we travel light compared to most of the teams).

This will be my first visit to MiM also. My buddy and I are bringing our wives down to visit Memphis and to the festival. I cannot wait.

Wanted to give a team up date on the brethren who have accepted our invitation to join our team for MIM.
We now have:
Members from these US States - TN, NY, TX, NH, WA, GA, FL, SC, WI, CA, MS, OH, AR, PA, NC, AZ, AL, LA

And Members from these foreign Countries - Canada, Australia, Guam, Spain, Belgium, England

We also just received our Brethren custom members 3' X 5' Banner to display proudly for all our guest members. Thanks to all at the site for a great job.

We spent all day Saturday getting the flooring ready for load in next weekend. We have a 50% chance of rain both days. That is why we have flooring. It is not Memphis In May without a few showers. I hope it clears up for the rest of the week. We will keep you posted.

We have a 50% chance of rain both days. That is why we have flooring. It is not Memphis In May without a few showers. I hope it clears up for the rest of the week.

Memphis in Mud you mean...:doh:

Can't complain over the last few years though, 4 days till we depart

HEY GUYS!

Sorry I've been absent... been a crazy several weeks with weddings in Boston, Destin, and then guests in from Knoxville, TN for MusicFest on back to back to back weekends. I'm just now getting my legs back under me in time for Load in!

Slab Yo Mama BBQ will once again be in the house over at R10.

Unfortunately due to various overcrowding issues in the past we've severely limited invites for Thursday and Friday Nights (peak times 5p-12a), however any Bretheren that wish to come by ANYTIME outside that are more than welcome to stop in. Tell them you know Matt Savard from the BBQ Brethren forums and I invited ya!

This year we've added Lagunitas Brewing as a contributor and have about 10 kegs of their delicious IPA being shipped over from Nashville on Wednesday. I will be walking around with some reps from Lagunitas periodically so we'll likely be dropping in at a few of the tents on the map above as well to say hi!

So much to do... so little time!

Back