• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

In advertising I guess this is called "setting the hook", pictorial included.

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've had this in the freezer and figured it needed to be cooked. It is about a 6# boneless ribeye roast, certified Angus beef. I've already cooked one roast from the whole ribeye, and a few steaks as well. I'm playing around a bit with my seasonings and cooking technique, really just for fun, so we'll see how it goes.
Here's the players:
PrimeRibtest001_zps9f8396d1.jpg

PrimeRibtest003_zpsd3556380.jpg

PrimeRibtest004_zps925204d5.jpg

Now for the prep:
I like to score the rib first, trying to get some of those flavors into the beef.
PrimeRibtest006_zpsec98a4f6.jpg

PrimeRibtest007_zpseb66bb26.jpg

Then applied the seasonings, first the gr. garlic, then SM Season All, then Plowboy's Bovine Bold.
PrimeRibtest009_zpsaa523600.jpg

PrimeRibtest010_zps05ff74ad.jpg

Then all massaged in with some EVOO.
PrimeRibtest011_zpsf6bcaaf9.jpg

PrimeRibtest012_zps09822634.jpg

Then all wrapped and will sit over night for the cook tomorrow.
Are you hooked yet?:twisted:
PrimeRibtest013_zps48cc5ce0.jpg

My plan is to cook "low and slow" in the 200-225 range to an IT of 125 using the ring of fire method with Kingsford Comp and some mesquite chunks for smoke. This will be on my Weber Kettle. I will then pull the roast to rest briefly while I fire up the Kettle for a good hot sear. I'm shooting for a final product in the rare-med rare range.

Sooooooooooo, hopefully the rest of the cook will show up either tomorrow night or Monday morning.

Hope you are enjoying it so far, and hope everyone is having a great weekend!

KC

Looks good, but why the EVOO?

Just part of the experiment really, and I had the thought that it "may" aid in getting some of the seasonings dissolved and into the meat, but that is pure speculation on my part, so we'll see how it goes.

KC

Just part of the experiment really, and I had the thought that it "may" aid in getting some of the seasonings dissolved and into the meat, but that is pure speculation on my part, so we'll see how it goes.

KC
Will be interested in your results!

Eagerly awaiting the final results. Everything looks great from here. Keep us posted.

I aint that patient I would have carved it in to 1" thick steaks and grilled it over a mesquite fire.

Is it dinner time yet?!?!?:-D

Eagerly awaiting the final results. Everything looks great from here. Keep us posted.

My plan is to have it on the kettle at about 2:00 PM, shooting for around 7-8 PM for dinner, we always eat late around here.

I aint that patient I would have carved it in to 1" thick steaks and grilled it over a mesquite fire.

Lol, I hear ya! I already have 4 or5 nice thick steaks I sliced off the whole rib eye in the freezer.

KC

Dang but that looks good. I now always slow cook (250-275) my beef roasts. Love that even color all the way through. Really nice job there! I'm sure it was great.

I use EVOO too. I like to think it helps with the char and some of the herbs and spices in the rub are oil soluble.

Back