View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
LittleDick'sBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Little Dick's Merry Christmas brisket pr0n

Merry Christmas, y'all!

This year I decided to do a southern-style Christmas for the family (We DO live in SOUTHERN New England!).

bbq brisket
MOINK balls
homemade macaroni and cheese
homemade baked beans
sweet potatoes

I started with a 13+ .lb packer that I got from the Wall Mart. I injected it Saturday night with a combination of Kosmo's Beef Injection and broth.

I went without mustard this time AND I decided to wait until the morning of the schmoke to apply the rub (didn't want the salt in the rub to draw out moisture). In the AM, I got the fire lit and hit the brisket with olive oil, Simply Marvelous cherry rub, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red chili flakes.

While the brisket was schmoke-surfing, Christmas happened at Little Dick's house. My beautiful wife got me the best present EVER..a Maverick ET-732 Wireless Barbecue Thermometer Set. Yay!

Out with the old:

In with the NEW:

I only wish I had it earlier so I could play with it more!

Here it is before coming off the Weber OTG:

And some various shots of the finished product.

I took Brethren advice and found the grain and trimmed a bit off the end to guide my cutting later. It worked...thanks!

In the "it-can-always-get-better" department, the meat WAS a little dry in the flat part (the "flat," right?). I may try going without injecting next time. I let the schmoking go to internal temperature go to 162F in the thickest part and 213F foiled (juice added to the foil) in the oven. Maybe I am cooking it too long?

Thanks for looking! Merry Christmas.
Little Dick
Char-Griller COS
Magma 15" kettle (for the boat)
LittleDick'sBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->