BBQ Android App Just Released

Released v1.5 last night.

The couple of issues found by the brethren here have been fixed. You'll also notice a small difference in the start screen. We needed to find a licensing model to support future development and also didn't want to pull a bait and switch on anyone who already downloaded. So we have 3 versions now.

Backyard FREE, Competitor FREE, and Competitor PAID

You guys & gals who downloaded already will be running competitor FREE which has all functionality as it stands to date. Although... We had to put some incentive on upgrading to PRO so we put a couple small non interfering ads and a cook history limit on it. Also, there will be future enhancements that may only be available in the PRO version.

The upgrade price is pretty darn cheap for what it is at $1.99. Any funds from this app will go right back into development of it (hosting costs, image rights costs, new enhancements, etc). But I think it is a very reasonable price considering the McD's breakfast burrito I got this morning cost more :shocked:

Thanks again for all the feedback and keep it coming (as well as the market reviews and facebook likes if you have a chance).

I always support good developers out there and this is one I supported. Although it doesn't have everything I need as of yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.

This is fixed. Thanks again for the heads up.

I always support good developers out there and this is one I supported. Although it doesn't have everything I need as of yet

Thanks. And please do tell what youre lookin for :grin: Always looking to improve. PM me if easier to discuss.

One of the things I would like to see has already been mentioned and that is the ability to chart and trend the manual data.

Also how about giving us the ability to enter other items on the drop down lists. For example I am getting ready to cook a turkey. I could add that to my list and choose it instead of using other.

Something I noticed is the screen refresh on the cook screen. The duration timer doesn't seem to be updating.

This might have been mentioned but how about being able to backup to Dropbox?

DL'd it a couple of weeks ago and loved it so far, but was using it two days ago and in the morning set up the cook and just didn't light the fire. When I went to go start the real fire I couldn't figure out how to light the fake fire.

One of the things I would like to see has already been mentioned and that is the ability to chart and trend the manual data.

Also how about giving us the ability to enter other items on the drop down lists. For example I am getting ready to cook a turkey. I could add that to my list and choose it instead of using other.

Something I noticed is the screen refresh on the cook screen. The duration timer doesn't seem to be updating.

This might have been mentioned but how about being able to backup to Dropbox?

Great ideas. The ability to backup/export data seems to be at the top of everyone's list so will try to address sooner than later. And the duration should update every 60 seconds when on screen. We could do "real time" refreshes but to save processing/battery life, we just opted for every 60 secs.

And the duration should update every 60 seconds when on screen. We could do "real time" refreshes but to save processing/battery life, we just opted for every 60 secs.

I am not seeing the screen refresh. The only way I can get it to refresh is to completely shut down the app and bring it back up. Not a huge deal just wanted to mention it.

moontz, if you don't mind me asking what widget did you use for building the graphs?

I was using this for the first time yesterday. I accidentally pressed the back button on my phone too many times, and I lost my cook. I could not find it again. I tried to restart the app, but it only brought me to the new cook screen. I did not see where I could access cooks in progress from the home screen. Any ideas?

Did you try the cook history button? I haven't verified it but its a guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I was using this for the first time yesterday. I accidentally pressed the back button on my phone too many times, and I lost my cook. I could not find it again. I tried to restart the app, but it only brought me to the new cook screen. I did not see where I could access cooks in progress from the home screen. Any ideas?

Odd. If there is nothing at all in cook history, it didnt save. Shoot us a note at dev@thepitpal.com and we can troubleshoot if you see it again or can recreate.

I will purchase immediately. And I I know of several people at my work that would jump on it as well.

Just downloaded your app...thanks! Looking forward to playing around with it...:thumb: Any chances of it being able to talk to my MAK PitBoss controller one day?
Cheers!
JD

Back