• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hoorible news

S

Squeel Appeal

Well just found out that I will have to have a total left shoulder replacement done on Aug 20th at Providence Hospital in Columbia South Carolina. The Dr has forbiden me to ven compete in nBBQ Compitition till I am doine with rehab to his satisfaction , which means I am out of the comps for the rest of the year. Yall go cook me some good BBQ , send pics maybe the only BBQ I get for awhile. No place near me delievers so I am at the mercy of my wife to get some at home??

Last edited by a moderator:
So you'll miss a summer, you'll make all the rest. I spent from June till Sept in my recliner (bike accident) I missed all but 1 contest and I judged that in a C-Spine collar.
Next year will still be there, trust me.
Ed

Hate to hear the news. You can still judge, right? I am competeing at the Festival of Discovery in Greenwood and was wondering if you were judging there? How long is the rehab suppose to take? Ive been in Providence for heart tune-up, so I know you are in good hands. Let me know if I can do anything from Lexington for you.

That's too bad Walter. Is this from a fall or just something that has been getting worse over time?

Bah, ya got your right shoulder still correct? I say get out there and do what you love but then again, I'm not a doctor.

Hope you get better soon.

Bummer!
I had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, and its been 7 months and I still haven't regained total ROM. The rehab was worse than surgery, but I could still crank out the Q- you'll be bored to tears and won't let any Doctors orders keep you down!

Get well soon and cook the Q sooner!

That's too bad Walter. Is this from a fall or just something that has been getting worse over time?

Well it was done long ago on differrent occasions . In high school I played varsity football fro the 5th grade till the 12th grade, we played iron man fooball back then , I was always bigger than the rest of the fellas. To make this simple I have broken almost evry bone in my body at one time or the other with the exception of my neck, back, or hips. Add that to doing heavy extracation with the voulenteer Fire Dept for 24 years with all the oopses I had doing that and it ads up.

Well seems all that stuff has now caught up to me , so I have to pay the price for doing all that. The Dr says 4 days in the hospital for surgery then home. Then 6 to 9 months rehab , first 3 weeks I cant even drive myself , the Dr told Niki to hide my keys and no lifting with my left shoulder anything over 20 pounds for the first 3 weeks. Judging yes probably since the SCBA wont reallt start back until September, but as the operations is set for August 20 it il take me a while to come back , seems they have to fix the rotator cuff, and replace the whole shoulder joint . Damn good thing I have good pain killers, LOL.

I am going to do exactly what the Drs and Rehab people tell me to do. No skimping. When I was in high school I had both knees broke and the same time my senior year ( steel pins and braces in both ) Killed my well planned college and profession football plans, ahh well thats life. I did exactly what they said and I was done in half the time , I seem to have the ability to heal fast , we shall see if I can still heal fast wont we. I was in my teens then so yall wish me luck.

Listen to your health care professionals and also find your self a Pit B!tch :becky:
I'm sure someone down in the low country would find this a win win situation

Hate to hear the news. You can still judge, right? I am competeing at the Festival of Discovery in Greenwood and was wondering if you were judging there? How long is the rehab suppose to take? Ive been in Providence for heart tune-up, so I know you are in good hands. Let me know if I can do anything from Lexington for you.

Well thats KCBS and I am only certified with the South Carolina BBQ Association , I dont think the will let me judge it . I would however love to attend and maybe help, I am thinking of heading towards some KCBS events in the future and would love to see one in action??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back