Yoder pellet cookers

quarters69

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anybody got one of these?? Tell me what you like about it and not like. Looking at getting one just want some feedback first. Thanks in advance. Keith.

Thanks for info. Anybody else got anything to say about them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126424

This was my first real low and slow cook on my new YS640. Overall, I am pretty impressed. The pit temps were generally within 5-10 degrees of the setpoint on the controller. I used my Stoker to check the actual pit temp against the Yoders internal temp probe and it was pretty close, usually within a few degrees (maybe 5-10° difference at the most). It has much tighter temp control than my Traeger had. The smoke output was great! Lots of light blue smoke billowing out of the chimney. The 10 gauge cooking chamber really held the heat well. Temp drop was minimal when I would open the door and would quickly return to the set point when the door was closed. The only drawback is that this thing devours pellets. I went through more than 20 pounds of BBQr's Delight hickory pellets in just over 18 hours (cooking between 200-245). At higher temps it is worse. I contribute this to the heavy wall steel on that the pit is made of amd that is was pretty cold last night. I am sure as the weather gets warmer, my pellet consumption will drop. I am seriously considering getting the fitted thermal cover for it for use during the winter.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Back