***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Something Crispy This Way Comes" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Something Crispy This Way Comes" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Something Crispy This Way Comes"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 10/29.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1432751_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1433621_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]deguerre[/size]
1433852_deguerre.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1438449_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Alan in Ga[/size]
1438473_Alan_in_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1438506_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]FattyMac[/size]
1438601_FattyMac.jpg

[size=+2]Amber[/size]
1439111_Amber.jpg

[size=+2]Shiz-Nit[/size]
1439649_Shiz-Nit.jpg

[size=+2]Garyclaw[/size]
1440016_Garyclaw.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
1440304_Moose.jpg

I had some trouble with this one. There were some real contenders here. I couldn't pass up voting for what I think is probably one of the prettiest food pictures I've seen in some time. You all are amazing!:cool:

Very nice entries folks. Took some time but I finally voted

Man another tough choice...upon pondering the ponderances I had to go with the crispyness of Bigabyte's offering.

Whoa!:shock: I got a vote from a pic using the crappy camera?:shock: If only I had replaced the batteries in the good camera.:doh:

Another really tough choice to make and some awesome entries to choose from. But battered and fried pig candy with powdered sugar and strawberries just did it for me. Great work by all!

Holy COW... PIG, CHICKEN, SQUIRREL, and all the other damn thangs...:shock:

Every entry that came up, I thought... that's the one.. I was even damn sure I was gonna vote for Guerry seriously this time!:thumb: That was a great dish man!

But Fatty Mac... Oh, I'm cryin... that looooks so goood! I want a BEEEG plateful of that....

Cheers!

Bill

Oh WOW, Guerry's actually ahead right now! :clap2: I was seriously trying to decide which of my 3 favorites (one is his...'cause I actually know how tasty it was) to vote for but seeing that, I may wait a bit...deguerre's never won a TD and says he's sure he never will. He doesn't even know he's ahead so I had to send him a text. He'll be in Nashville all week and couldn't get internet to work last night.

Hmm, I'm looking for something cooked at 451°F, eh Chris? ;)

Guerry, I don't care what you've said, whatever those are in your submission need to be eaten. By me. NOW.

Last edited:
Lotta great entries!!

I ended up giving Garyclaw my vote because I have made Lando's char siu recipe many times over the past few months and I know how farkin' good it is!!

In fact made a batch this past weekend and still have some soaking in the fridge... Mmm, I know what I'm having for a snack before dinner tonight! :becky:

OK, sorry but I had to vote for the hubby...after all, that crispy blueberry fatty was half my idea (the batter, cornflakes and deep frying was all his). I need to give credit where credit is due too though - ecode, cool, totally great idea (um, I went fatty crazy myself and I'm sure that was eaten up pretty fast after the pix!). And Amber - wow! And wow again! You made me really want to try something like that...bet you had to take your pix fast before the hubby consumed too much of it to show it off!
:thumb::thumb::thumb: Gotta say congrats to all 3 of you because all 3 of your entries, in my opinion, were outstanding and I'm sure were not only crispy but delectible! YUM! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Those all looked good, but deguerre's looked, well, crispiest. So I voted for that one, even though I would have been totally happy making a meal out of all the other ones.

Back