• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How many Moink balls fit on an 18.5" WSM?

D

Dave Russell

Gonna try some of Bro. Larry's famous Moink balls tomorrow for a Christmas party in the evening. I'm mainly wanting to find out how many will fit on my little wsm racks, but any other tips would be great, as well.

I don't know if I'll have enough time for the rasberry chipotle glaze, so if anyone has a store-bought glaze tip, I'd appreciate it.

Mix BBQ sauce and grape jelly 50/50 for your glaze. Easy...

How many fit on a WSM? I don't remember. I think I have a picture somewhere that I could count them for you.

Thanks, Sir Larry! I'll definately go w/ the grape jelly glaze. The wife is gonna call from the store to let me know how many meatballs are in a bag.

Although I'm not a certified MOINKer, I like to skewer mine:
IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Makes for easy flippin' and handling quickly without keeping the smoker open. PLUS....if you make too many, you could just cross stack them to fit more. Can't have TOO many MOINKs!!! After all, they're MOINK-O-licious!!!!!:becky:

Although I'm not a certified MOINKer, I like to skewer mine:
IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Makes for easy flippin' and handling quickly without keeping the smoker open. PLUS....if you make too many, you could just cross stack them to fit more. Can't have TOO many MOINKs!!! After all, they're MOINK-O-licious!!!!!:becky:

Thanks for the tip, Wampus. I guess I could toothpick for the party after taking off the skewers. I think the wife is picking up one bag of 64.

Well, I saw a pic where it looked like someone got a whole bag on one wsm rack. They were pretty tight, and I wonder if it would've been better to split up between the two racks....but then again, just the top rack would be easier for the glazing part.

Approximately 61, assuming the meatballs are 2 inches around and you start with one MOINK in the center, and then arrange the additional MOINK around it making a hexagon shape, and continuing by adding additional hexagon layers around it. I imagine you will be able to give or take maybe a dozen or so.

Wow! I can't wait to give the honey and Tennessee Red a go either. That sounds great!:cool:

Well, I saw a pic where it looked like someone got a whole bag on one wsm rack. They were pretty tight, and I wonder if it would've been better to split up between the two racks....but then again, just the top rack would be easier for the glazing part.

I did a bag last weekend that was supposed to have 56 in it. All but one on the top rack of the WSM. One jumped to it's death in the water pan while I was putting them on. Maybe could have put a few more but not many.

Never made Moink balls myselPh but I think 90-100 balls will Phit on two 18,5" racks?

Pic Phrom my 22,5" UDS,there's about 45 MOINKS in there...

IMG_0434.jpg

Dave, Larry must be in the holiday spirit, its MOINK Balls.

Larry just doesn't feel like fighting the battle anymore. MOINK Balls are what MOINK Balls are. Capitalize anyway you want.

Moink
MOink
MOInk
MOINk
MOINK
mOINK
moINK
moiNK
moinK
moink
MoInK
mOiNk
MoinK
moInk
MOiNK

However, I may draw the line at Moinkers...

I didn't count 'em, but supposedly there was 64 meatballs in the bag. Anyway, all the MOINKBALLS fit on the top grate easily.:-D

To all brethren out there, including Sir Larry of the BBQ Grail, I publicly apologize for not doing more homework in advance. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing to do the MOINKBALLS, but ignorance is no excuse. I highly recommend 'em to anyone who haven't tried them yet. Merry Christmas!

Back