I gave Away 2 Frozen Turkeys............

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
To make room in my lil chest Freezer for 4 of the $1.68/ lb WinCo Thick Floppy Flat Choice Briskets :mrgreen:

You shoulda just smoked them birds!

I bought 11 of them last Thanksgiving at $.59/ lb -1 for a Thanksgiving and 10 into Freezer and been Smoking 1 every 6 weeks........... I'm tired of Turkey :shock: but Ive NEVER gotten tired of Brisket ! :becky:

Seriously? You Texas boys are killing all of us non texan's lately. Why must you constantly brag about your cheap brisket prices? :confused:

Seriously? You Texas boys are killing all of us non texan's lately. Why must you constantly brag about your cheap brisket prices? :confused:

Not bragging...They are public service announcements.:wink: wouldn't want a fellow Texas brethren to miss out.

Not bragging...They are public service announcements.:wink: wouldn't want a fellow Texas brethren to miss out.

I'm brisket deprived and all these threads are making me depressed, if someone wants to send me a brisket PM me for my address :sad:

Not so much bragging. Supply and demand. Texas just supplies so much beef, brisket ends up cheap, like it should. I'm in WI, and we can get pork cheap at times. IA is close, and pigs are a plenty.

To that end, I agree. I feel your pain. I can't find packers under 5.99 a pound here. If you want a flat, it's going to be a kidney. I see you are from WA. Maybe smoked apples? Coffee? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Not so much bragging. Supply and demand. Texas just supplies so much beef, brisket ends up cheap, like it should. I'm in WI, and we can get pork cheap at times. IA is close, and pigs are a plenty.

To that end, I agree. I feel your pain. I can't find packers under 5.99 a pound here. If you want a flat, it's going to be a kidney. I see you are from WA. Maybe smoked apples? Coffee? Sorry I couldn't resist.

I don't drink coffee (crazy right?), smoked apples? I've done that in a pie, it was quite delicious!!

well as a seafood lover, have you seen our lobster and dungeonous crab prices and quality?....I call touche.....lol

my Father lives in Seattle and when i visit him I am stunned at the prices and product you guys have.....

Yeah Smitty, that Turkey would have taken up a lot less space cooked and deboned then bagged. At least it was given away and not thrown away.

I wouldn't of gave the turkeys away. I would of smoked them up, and sliced some for cold cuts and the other stuff ate and made other dishes with!

1st world problems though having to give away 2 turkeys to have space for briskets.

$1.68 plus $.59 a lb - so $2.27 a lb - still a Darn Good Price - on 2 of them and the other. 2 were $1.68 still - and I gave Turkeys to a Lady who Teaches with my Wife who is a ill strapped financially - so I get some Karma Points Too .
So it's a Win, Win n Win type of Situation. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back