So thinking of Vegas....

G

GridironGriller2

Well thinking of coming to Vegas and bringing my BBQ mentors with me. I saw the dates posted on KCBS.com and wanted to double check. If we come we are going to have to sell a heck of meat over the Holiday season. We are thinking the budget for Memphis to Vegas apox $3-4,000.

So do we have any more info??? We either are going to Vegas or going to try the three contests in AR this year. If we do AR then we are going to upgrade smokers. If we do Vegas we are going to bet it all.....

We're seriously thinking of doing Vegas....LOTS of cash up for grabs. Bringing our equipment for a 3 day drive there and 3 days back isn't appealing so.....anyone out there willing to let us borrow or rent some smokers if we fly out there?

Well thinking of coming to Vegas and bringing my BBQ mentors with me. I saw the dates posted on KCBS.com and wanted to double check. If we come we are going to have to sell a heck of meat over the Holiday season. We are thinking the budget for Memphis to Vegas apox $3-4,000.

So do we have any more info??? We either are going to Vegas or going to try the three contests in AR this year. If we do AR then we are going to upgrade smokers. If we do Vegas we are going to bet it all.....

Which 3 contests in AR? From all I can tell the Little Rock contest is an Invitational and I think it is going to take the place of the Pine Bluff contest. I checked the KCBS site and it is only listing the Little Rock contest so far.

Which 3 contests in AR? From all I can tell the Little Rock contest is an Invitational and I think it is going to take the place of the Pine Bluff contest. I checked the KCBS site and it is only listing the Little Rock contest so far.

You are correct, Rodger. The Little Rock contest is replacing the Pine Bluff "Smoke on the Water" contest. And I'm pretty sure they will be doing another "Smoke on the Water" in Hot Springs next September. We hope to hit both of them.

Also, I had talked to Ronnie about the whole invitational thing on the Little Rock competition and he said it was open to any team. We'll be there.

You are correct, Rodger. The Little Rock contest is replacing the Pine Bluff "Smoke on the Water" contest. And I'm pretty sure they will be doing another "Smoke on the Water" in Hot Springs next September. We hope to hit both of them.

Also, I had talked to Ronnie about the whole invitational thing on the Little Rock competition and he said it was open to any team. We'll be there.

Thanks for the info, we'll be there too:cool:

At least this time I won't have to leave at midnight on Friday when all judges turn to pumpkins. :biggrin:

The Vegas dates and details are still uop in the air at this point.I would highly suggest NOT booking anything or making any plans until more solid info is announced.

I've heard Vegas is still being shuffled around and is up in the air for dates.

The Vegas dates and details are still uop in the air at this point.I would highly suggest NOT booking anything or making any plans until more solid info is announced.

More details to follow...
Some day...
When we know more...
(Thom Emery mod) :twisted:

Back