Boatnut's smoked meatloaf

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thanks to all that posted previous meatloaf recipes. Really got me in the mood. I kinda did a "fusion" recipe from all the posts. turned out pretty durn good!

Pic attached but when I flipped it outta the pan it fell over on it's top on the platter. when I flipped it back over, the glaze n chit was messed up but still good!

Boatnut’s Loaf

2 lb. ground chuck
1lb sausage ( homemade breakfast works real good)

½ cup cream/half and half or milk. I like cream..mmmm..cream
2 eggs

1 cup bread crumbs (Italian worked good)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 TB oregano
1 TB dried basil
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
6 shakes of worcestshire sauce

1 sweet onion minced
1 green bell pepper minced
3-4 cloves garlic minced

Saute onion and pepper in a little oil till onion gets a “golden” color. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Let cool

Combine all ingredients in a mixing pan and mix thoroughly by hand.

Put mixture in disposable aluminum pans that you have put small holes in bottom to let excess grease etc. drain away.

Put on rack in smoker over water pan filled with water and that will catch the grease.

Smoke at 275-300 till internal of 155. If you like a glaze on top or bacon, feel free to put bacon on top throughout cook but only glaze towards last half hour. I actually put glaze on and put loaf under broiler till bubbly.

Last edited:
Looks mouth watering, infact my mouth is watering!!! :clap2:

Mike it looks tasty! Thanks for sharing your recipe too. :thumb:

Cream... nice. Gotta try that one:thumb: Thanks:-D

Mike
That is similar to what we make around here in the oven.... So I guess it's up to me to try one on the drum soon.
Awesome looking loaf!

Nice Mike, I could go for a slice on a sammie :-D & thanx for sharing your recipe....

Slice it!! SLICE IT!!!!
Looks great!!

Time permitting, I plan to do a meatloaf tomorrow...

Wow that looks good. My last one was crap. gotta try this one.

BTW NO Ketchup! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great looking loaf! I tried a smoked meatloaf recently and now it's the only kind the fam will eat - it's that good!

Glad you're ok! Thought I was still in woodpile with that title.:roll:

THAT looks farkin fantastic. And moist and juicy too. Gonna hafta try the cream idea.:thumb:

Back