Sometimes I just suck.

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just finished practicing on chicken thighs.

IMAG0090.jpg

I loved the color. I am getting better with my trimming. Meat tasted like chicken. Good chicken.

And if I tied the skin to the back of each of my vans and drove in opposite directions, I still wouldn't be able to pull it apart.

*sigh*

+1.. What JD said. I'm getting good results with 310-315. I'm also scraping skins and basting with butter. I've used the same method at different temps and I'm getting the best results on my setup at 310-315.

Mista try doing what your doing and cook them HOT HOT HOT. Those look good but I am convinced that a higher temp will get what you are looking for.

Are you scraping the skin before the cook? Our skins are scraped until they're nearly transparent. This isn't the most uniform box ever, but it was just practice.
mail

Cook hotter (315*) and try basting with Baconnaisse 2-3 times during the cook. Then sauce.

Baconaise?! You sir, have piqued my interest!

It's not my idea, I read it somewhere on one of the other forums, and decided to give it a try last year. :-D

Baconnaise is bacon-flavored mayonnaise, and you can find it in most supermarkets. I've tried it a few times with decent success. You have to remove most of the fat from the underside of the skins, and the Baconnaise helps keep the skins soft and bite-through during cooking.

Country removes the skin completely and the puts the feathers back on. He does alright when Monkey builds his box. :p

PM Sent...

When our chicken looks like that...we just get the clothes iron out and try to remove the wrinkles...Febreeze it!

I sent you a PM...take a look.

Back