View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #15
CharlieBeasley
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry I did email this to all board members!

Here was my 2cents!
I did not vote for a husband and wife members of the board because I did not want to water down the vote I placed. However the vote is in and counted and we now have a Husband and Wife team on the board GREAT We VOTED it should stand and not be discounted as this is a family oriented community where we have many cooks, judges, and active members who are married to their best friends and should be allowed to work together in what they Love BBQ!
Do not insult my integrity or theirs by gracing the below request! Also we need to question the submitter to his ethics in this matter!

I propose that we adopt the following nepotism policy and that it be affective as of January 1, 2009 or at the next change in board of directors.

KCBS Board Nepotism Policy

Be it resolved that no family members shall serve on the Kansas City Barbeque Society Board of Directors at the same time, during any term.
Family members are defined as a board member’s parent, child, spouse, domestic partner, brother, sister, grandparent, and any step relationships within the preceding categories.
Respectfully Submitted,
Troy Black
Charles Beasley
CharlieBeasley is offline   Reply With Quote