Pictures Pictures....oh and Pictures

Nice work Phrasty! What wood did you use on the big horizontal?

Lookin real good in the neighborhood, excellent craftsmanship and delicious grub to boot.

Nice looking cookers, wish I had the skills to do that.

Those are really cool! I like the wood support system for your main grill. Very nuicely done. "Artsy", yet functional.

Why thanks guys... makes me think... i should start selling them out here...;) surprisingly they dont take all that long to make. The wood on those grills are what we call spanish elm, its in the bocote family i believe. the great thing about those grills, especially the 2 horizontal ones is that they break down for transport in less than 5 mins. I use them on catering jobs for grilling. The only downside about being out here is that its more of a hunt for cylinders/tanks. wish i had a "organized" junk yard to go to and look thru. but anyways. the hunt goes on. Glad you all enjoyed the pics.

Cheers

Outstanding work...no only the cookers but the wood as well.

A couple of sweet smokers - Do you get a discount on ball valves :wink:

lol holy chit thats a LONG thread.. hehe ill have to put some time aside one night... thanks though ill give it a read. Ive been here a day and seen that this site is definitely a UDS type of place. and not to knock you guys at all, I think they're great and some of them not even that ugly to be honest ;). I'll probably make one further on down the line. But for now I dont think i need anything that big. It does spark some thoughts though. Like what if you put one of those large flat perferated pizza pans say 12" above the coals to dissipate the heat a little more evenly, that would then allow you to add another rack lower down AS well as (this is why i did it for my smoker) it would vaporize the drippings giving of amazing meat smoke flavor. I had to come up with this cuz some people in my family didnt too like the wood smoked flavor, I know, I dont know whats wrong with them, but anyways it works great. Anyways just a quick thought for a mod that might help things out. Heres a couple pics of what i did for my vertical smoker... really evens out the heat and gives great flavor:
IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

Cheers

The cradle on your mail grill is amazing. Welcome.

Oh yeah - you're going to fit in real well here! Great work brother!

The last time I was in Montego Bay I talked to some natives cooking jerk chicken. I pumped their brains as much as I could. They told me that one of their secrets was to grind up pimento seeds to mix with the jerk seasonings. Do you ever do that? Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe I was supposed to throw them in the coals. Anyway, the guy was nice enough to give me a bag of seeds to take home.

And, as some one else may have mentioned already, nice work on the cookers!

Yes Pimento IS crucial to jerk. its a part of the seasoning its is ground, but what you prob dont know it that its pretty-much available worldwide. Its known as "ALLSPICE" of course fresh is better. now for the fire side of it, most authentic jerk is cooked over pimento wood. IMHO that makes all the difference. Ill post a really good (AUTHENTIC) jerk seasoning shortly for you guys...

Those smokers look nice!! I have access to old water heaters, do you need a torch to cut them? How hard is it to cut?...I'm think like the UDS, a no-weld version, like yours?
I bet those ball valves cost over 50.00 bucks? heck close to 100.00?

I use allspice in my rubs all the time.

OOPS!!! I wasn't supposed to tell....

Back