Rednecked Drum Pron Revisited

Good looking grub there Never thought of a sammie with olives but sounds tasty. The more I look at this drum smokers the more I like them. You guys are gonna talk me right into making one.........lol

Good looking grub there Never thought of a sammie with olives but sounds tasty. The more I look at this drum smokers the more I like them. You guys are gonna talk me right into making one.........lol
Come on over to the Drum Way of Smoking....You wouldn't believe how easy that thing is to use.....It is almost a set and forget process....:wink:

Not to hijack or anything but I do have a question on the drum smokers. From what I have seen there is only one cooking rack, is there any way to do more that one? Not really sure but I am certain that you brethren now what can and cant be done on them

Not to hijack or anything but I do have a question on the drum smokers. From what I have seen there is only one cooking rack, is there any way to do more that one? Not really sure but I am certain that you brethren now what can and cant be done on them
Depending on the height of the barrel you could have as many as you want, just keep the lowest rack 24 inches from the coal basket...I only have the one for now, my barrel is only 34 inches high and I'm on the lookout for a Weber lid, then I could put another a little below level of the top.

Your talking me into it Nate......Part of my job is cleaning out items left there from the previous owners before we refurb the home. There are a few times when they leave grills and such......Heck thats how I got my Brinkman Smoke N Pit Pro. So I am certain that over time I will be able to find the needed parts for one of these smokers. Do you make your own grates or do you use the ones from Webers also

I use the Weber 22 1/2 inch grate that has the flip up sides...every now and then you need to have access to the coal basket to stir 'em up...do a search for my Rednecked Ugly Drum thread and take a look at the build pix:wink:

I use the Weber 22 1/2 inch grate that has the flip up sides...every now and then you need to have access to the coal basket to stir 'em up...do a search for my Rednecked Ugly Drum thread and take a look at the build pix:wink:

You mean there is a thread solely dedicated to UDS? :biggrin:

Back