• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

As Jay says it, "Big Fish in a Little Pond"......

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We didn't make the trip to Sedalia this weekend.....the Bellys had a music gig Sat. night and it was the weekend of Heritage Days....the event that got the Bellys started......home stomping grounds and local braggin' rights....contest is run like a back yard contest with 15 minute turn in windows......you can turn in any kind of entry with in the catagory, we did our KCBS turn ins, but didn't get meat into the smoker until 10AM....cookin' hot and fast....here's how we did.....

1st place chicken
2nd place pork
1st place ribs
no money beef (we did our brisket, would have made some nice chili, couldn't keep a slice together if we tried, too much libations and visiting and not paying attention....:redface: )
no money specialty (2 entries, armadillo egg and grilled shrimp)
Best in show.....Ribs

We had fun......helped out some new people, promoted this site, drank too much beer (see brisket results, LOL)....and even got a "Mananana...do do do do do" from NY.....

With BBII having to leave early and 15 minute turn in windows, Sweet T did the presentations....excellent job on her part....Sister Belly Brother was well organized and crankin' them boxes out and man o' man they looked good!

Sounds like a blast BRO KICK.

Great showing.

TIM

Last edited:
Great showing. I don't score that well in my own backyard, let alone if it were a contest type setting.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Good job and congrats! Sounds like a really fun and relaxing kind of event!

Never done a one day contest have ya?

And...... just imagine if your pig had flames instead of horns? :twisted:

Congrats!!!

Gary,

Congratulations! Sounds like an event that I would like to have cooked at. Great Job.

Man, if only the pig had flames instead of horns! You can't imagine the turmoil we went through being teased. They were calling us the horny pigs! LOL Just kidding Phil!

Hey, Call it what you want big fish in small pond or whatever. It was fun we got our name called and didn't pay an entry fee. Drank beer and let's see. if I remember right there were three other teams that we competed against at the Shriners contest there.

I think it is important to remember where you came from and what got you started. We got to help some newer guys out and meet another Spicewine smoker owner, who by the way took first in the Beef category with his brisket. I think those guys will start competeing and we also are telling people about this site! Also I think we may have talked them into doing a kid que next year as well.

All in all anytime cooking with friends and family and drinking beer is a successful day in my opinion!

spicewine said:
Let's get this straight before someone tells us to get a room!! That's Brotherly Love!!

uh huh! And "Brokeback Mountain" is a love story. :eek:

Get a room! :twisted:

Back