• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

how does this retain heat

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been looking at pits i want to build with parts i have access to. I saw this one a while back.

9k=
salt-lick-bbq-pit.jpg

How does this thing retain heat to cook all of that meat for 8-10 hours or is this just a warming rack sorta speak.

How would you retain heat on a fire pit?

thanks

EDIT.. why cant i see the picture i posted and or anyone else?

Last edited:
I can not see the pic you posted either using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture needs to be hosted somewhere. Either you upload it onto your own picture album on the site, or if it's already on a website somewhere you just right click the image and click "Copy image" then paste that bad boy right in. If neither of these options work for you, you can always post it somewhere like imgbucket or whatever, and then paste it from there.

Picture needs to be hosted somewhere. Either you upload it onto your own picture album on the site, or if it's already on a website somewhere you just right click the image and click "Copy image" then paste that bad boy right in. If neither of these options work for you, you can always post it somewhere like imgbucket or whatever, and then paste it from there.
thats what i have done twice and it shows up in preview but when i hit submit, its gone.. haha. ok let me try again

salt-lick-bbq-pit.jpg

That looks like Salt Lick's finishing/show pit. The meat is cooked elsewhere, refrigerated and then brought to this pit to heat up and serve..

DAMN IT. ok so there goes idea number 1 out the door. so its all for show then. thats good to know.

Back