Just me and my cooker.

BBQ Bubba, wouldn't mind finding out what makes your brisket the best North of Dallas. LOL, I cook and smoke the hell out of pork, whole hogs, butts, sausage, and ribs. If its on a hog I can do something with it but I have only done brisket a few times and I'm no expert at it. Would love to add it to my menu someday but wont till I get it perfect. Have a good day.

BBQ Bubba, wouldn't mind finding out what makes your brisket the best North of Dallas. LOL, I cook and smoke the hell out of pork, whole hogs, butts, sausage, and ribs. If its on a hog I can do something with it but I have only done brisket a few times and I'm no expert at it. Would love to add it to my menu someday but wont till I get it perfect. Have a good day.

Its all about the love brutha! :cool:

Your looking at the small picture, OK, so say the bar makes only $225 on the BBQ now add that to the shiz load of extra money they made on drinks.

People that are full of food don't drink a lot.

BTW-Bubba's brisket is not the best North of Dallas. People are just hooked on it because the base ingredient of his rub is crack cocaine.

BTW-Bubba's brisket is not the best North of Dallas. People are just hooked on it because the base ingredient of his rub is crack cocaine.
Dang txchutte, and I thinkin it was nothin but Bubba luv in his brisket. Never heard of crack as the secret ingredient. lmao, ya kill me.

Pubs are a strange beast and it's where I started my catering. I agree wit what's been said previously and you need to look at what you want in the end as a result.
-Is this particular place somewhere you want to be for several weeks or just to turn a profit?
-What is in it for you? Marketing, spring boarding , something to spend your free time on?
-What do you need from this venture?
- When thinking of your time you MUST factor in ALL of your time remember you need to set up, shop, cook, q , serve ,store, clean down, restock, improve, adjust maintaince and this is all before you settle in for building a market base and hoe it will benefit from your efforts.

The wind changes often in pubs/bars meaning one week you could be on fire and the next service people are not interested an want something new. Think retail in this situation.

Consider doing a few live cooks the turning it into a drop off service to the bar. Batches of pulled pork and brisket pre cooked and vac sucked so they can do as they will with it freeing up your time and opening options. Do chicken live and in person then run rib weekends. If it all kicks off then you have already set the game plan and can adjust upwards rather than down.

Personally I wouldn't go in guns blazing with a plan to fill the neighborhood with smoke on every run. Make it special and keep it that way.

I found that drinkers will eat at the right time and here it at half time and a short while after a game. I get through this by offering table platters meaning a serving or six tonight's all people consisting of ABT's OR wings, MOINK balls and loads of garnish with some unshelled peanuts in the foliage. This will get them ready to put the feed bag on for your mains just remember you are not feeding them with this just priming the pump. Spice the wings up a level as it will keep the bar happy serving pitchers of cold beer then the monks will give the BBQ taste buds humming.

Back