First Post other than Cattle Call

NVehr13

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
New to the community, but after searching around i thought i had to say hello.

Little History, Bought OTS Last Wed, Bought 270lbs of Coals at Wally World, Last night made 4 Types of sausage because...well yeah, because i wanted to.

Types:

Chicken, Red Bell Pepper, Spinach and Feta
Turkey, Orange Bell and Feta
Sweet Italian
Hot Italian

Cooked about a hour on indirect, then char'd on other side of grill.

A little before and after Pron. Taking some of these to the house boat for the weekend and thinking i may premake a bunch of ABT's Will have pics to come

Attachments

• IMG_20120523_195913.jpg
    IMG_20120523_195913.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20120523_202810.jpg
    IMG_20120523_202810.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 232
Man those sausages look great! Especially the chicken version...welcome to the Bretheren.

Sounds like you are well on your way (making your OWN sausage, OTS & 270 lbs. of charcoal) to becoming a "Full Fledged Farker!"

:clap:

Well done, sir! I want to try my hand at homemade sausages...I may have to hit you up for advice!

You better get used to the name Brothers. You will be seeing ALOT of me. As for the sausage, this was not my first by any means. Me and my Mom usually always make it. This however was the first one w/o mom there, Meaning i could do what i wanted.

Secondly, as evident by the fact i make my own sausage, this is not my first time around a grill. Just the first one i have actually had at my place as it took me a while to convince the land lord to allow me a grill in the back yard.

and Thirdly, Since i wasnt able to get a grill and stuff last year, my extra income went into Homebrew. For some reason my friends never leave my apartment.

Cool stuff. My wife's family always killed a pig every year and made their own sausage. She turned the hand crank as a little girl. I think they stopped doing that about the same time her mom started buying chickens at the grocer and declared she was never plucking another.

"my extra income went into Homebrew. For some reason my friends never leave my apartmenT"

mmmmmm home brew! Can't get my buddies to leave once I bring my homies out!

Welcome! Make sure your health insurance is paid up. You have a problem. :loco:

The sausages look tasty. Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Hi! New to the site. Looking to build a UDS soon, so I am doing some research. I have been a griller for years (charcoal and wood only) and wanted to try my hand at something new. I am also curious about competitions but that would be after my kids get older. Thanks!

Nice SSG!
Nice to hear they have beer there, especially home brew!!
Oh yeah, WELCOME!

Yeah, you're gonna fit in just fine around here.....:thumb:

Welcome to the site and good first cook!

I'm uh... going to go against the grain here and suppose that the sausages were tasty but might have been a little dry. I'm just going by the amount or shrinkage and comparing them to what I'm accustomed to. Long before the brats I cook shrink that much, they've hit 160°F and that's when I pull them off the grill. I check with a Taylor Weekend Warrior. ($15.50 on Amazon) Or you can spend the Big Bucks for a Thermapen (but if you do, look for an open box sale and save a couple.)

I also throw a couple pieces of hickory on the coals when I put the sausages on for a nice smoky flavor. It will flare up when you open the lid but will smoke with the lid closed.

Back