• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

EPIC Homemade Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes recipe to share

B

BBQ Bros

Got this one from a good friend that came over for a BBQ this past Sat. One of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I've had yet. Soooooooo good. I took a pic too to share with you to get the drooling started...

Enjoy-
Steve

Ingredients

Salt and Pepper
1 lb elbow macaroni 1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups half-and-half
1 cup chicken broth (you can also use ham broth)
4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cooking Instructions

1) Cook macaroni
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Stir in 1 Tbsp salt and macaroni and cook until al dente, (6 min). Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour tomatoes with juice over pasta. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed ( 5 min)

2) Make sauce
Melt butter in med saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in flour and cayenne and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in half-and-half and broth until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until mixture is thickened (15 min). Off heat, stir in cheeses, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper until cheese melts. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir to combine.

3) Bake
Scrape into 9x13 inch casserole. Set in rimmed cookie sheet. Bake until top begins to brown, 15-20 min. Let sit for 10 min before serving

Attachments

• macncheese_large.jpg
    macncheese_large.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 254
This junk is amazing! I used a can of Rotel Original instead of the regular. Turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds pretty dang fine, thanks for the recipes share.

Added to the list!. I love mac n cheese, and this one looks like a keeper.

Back