• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Krispy Chicken Thighs

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After seeing Smokey Al Gold's KFC Chicken I needed to give it a try. A nice change from the normal BBQ'd Chicken.

Picture042.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

You have lovely thighs Terry.

:shock: I try to keep them in shape. :wink:

These look delicious! Recipe please?

Absolutely, I used Louisiana Fish Fry Products, Chicken Fry. It has a little spice to it. Used about a 1/2 a bag mixed with water to a good consistency. Dunked the Thighs and then rolled in Panko crumbs. Took the Egg to about 450Âş Indirect for around 45 minutes.

I think any good fried chicken crust recipe would work fine. The next time I do this will be with an Egg and milk mix and use regular breadcrumbs.

Beautiful!! is that Panko bread crumbs?

Yes that is correct. :wink:

I like the way you rolled in panko after battering. I will have to "borrow" that idea from you :becky: Great job your chicken looks crispy and delicious!

Looks awesome!!!! Do you mind if I ask a question about your technique? I just got my first Weber kettle, and will use it with my Lang.... It looks like you got your briquettes going, then either put a layer of foil loosely tented over them, or is there another grill level in between them that is covered in foil? And is that just to keep flare ups down? THanks!!!!!

Looks awesome!!!! Do you mind if I ask a question about your technique? I just got my first Weber kettle, and will use it with my Lang.... It looks like you got your briquettes going, then either put a layer of foil loosely tented over them, or is there another grill level in between them that is covered in foil? And is that just to keep flare ups down? THanks!!!!!

Thanks! These were done on the Big Green Egg and what you see is the Plate Setter covered with foil. The Plate Setter is a heavy piece of ceramic stone that sits between the fire and the cooking grate. BTW, in the Egg I most always use lump.

On the Weber I would put all the coal to one side and cook on the opposite side for Indirect.

Back