An overnight brisket on the drum...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Brethren Al sent some of his dry rub for me to try out and I have been gone so much it has been hard to find the time to smoke anything.

So....I decided to put a brisket on the drum overnight...

ddc0a972-1.jpg

I trimmed some of the fat from the brisket, seasoned with Al's dry rub then placed the trimmed fat back onto the brisket flat and threw it in the drum fatside down. (on my horizontal smokers I smoke fat side up.. in the drum I prefer fat side down)

004-5-1.jpg

my drum (this is an old pic)

024-9-3.jpg

the next morning....

007-5-2-1.jpg

the outside temp dropped into the teens that night but the drum did fine. :)

010-3-1-1.jpg

014-5-1-1.jpg

It came out moist and tender...

025-7-1-1.jpg

I loved Brethren Al's dry rub, Thanks again Al!!

Thanks for looking.

oh yeah... I forgot I was practicing putting my blog name on the pics. lol :redface:

That looks real good. I like the idea of putting some of the fat on the top. I to like to cook fat side down on the drum.

Jeanie looks as good as a brisket should. Moist with a good smoke ring. Perfect.

Jeanie,

I'm glad you enjoyed the rub.
The brisket looks really great.

Al

Thanks friends! The brisket took care of my smoked meat craving for awhile. :-D
If you get the chance... try some of Al's dry rub, it's tasty stuff!:thumb:

That looks real good. I like the idea of putting some of the fat on the top. I to like to cook fat side down on the drum.
Me too! Fat side down works well on the drum. Thanks! :)

Jeanie,

I'm glad you enjoyed the rub.
The brisket looks really great.

Al

Al your dry rub is a winner!! Thanks so much for giving me the chance to try it out. Looking forward to trying it on some other meats. :thumb:

Thanks Pat!

Looks delicious! Could you tell a difference leaving the fat trimmings on top?

I always put the fat back on... can't go wrong with slow rendered fat.
You can tell, I don't smoke my briskets to look pretty, I smoke em for flavor. lol :-D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that looks good love the ring and it looks so moist, now I am craving brisket.

How long and at what temp? What type of charcoal and how much? I also smoked a briskie overnight this weekend with lows in the teens. I'm curious as I think I'm not getting the same performance out of my drum that others do.

Back