First Time BBQ Tamales

W

we'll smoke u

The Family and I made some bbq tamales tonight, never made them before hope they turn out OK. Thinking if they turn out might put them on the vending menu once in awhile if they last that long. We used bbq pulled pork for the filling. when there done cooking i will let ya know how they turned out.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 167
Can't go wrong with Pulled Pork Tamales! :thumb: Let us know how they turn out.

i have been wanting to do this and use my rice cooker

I do them in my rice cooker. Works great. Good luck.
I presume using a pudding setting? (mine has a pudding setting) That is what I would use for polenta/grits.

Sheesh. I still can't believe I never made the leap to making masa in the rice cooker.:loco:

I presume using a pudding setting? (mine has a pudding setting) That is what I would use for polenta/grits.

Sheesh. I still can't believe I never made the leap to making masa in the rice cooker.:loco:
Mine is a rice cooker/steamer and is either on or off, no settings. I typically use it for steaming vegetables and or fish. Works well for tamales as well.

A local restaurant used smoked pork in the menu items that used pork. Really awesome stuff. Then after 6 months they closed their doors. I believe the closing was related to management and not the food.

Man, those look good. If I ran across somebody selling those I'd eat 'em till I passed out!

Well they turned out purdy good I think I may have put the Masa on to thick not shure. Proubly could have used more meat too. I will definatly make more when these are gone.

Attachments

• PC300001.jpg
    PC300001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 65
Man those look good we havent made them in a while thanks for the inspiration..

Back