addiction

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i got an addiction to buying cheap webers. even though it makes no monetary sense. i just feel sorry for them.
today i went to the second hand store and bought a sad lookin weber gas go anywhere. i tried leaving it three times but it came home with me anyway.
it cost just under $10. but the baffle/flavorizer bar is just a pile of rust.
that costs about $19. then if i wanted to replace the grate $9, that comes close to a newish one. so this one will be fixed up for someone who wants to have a nice grill for the extra cost. at least it will have a nice home eventually.
that makes 5 that i have. 3 working and 2 not. one of them i will try and make it into an electric grill.

The last kettle I fixed up like new, I gave away to a friend that didn't have one. I like restoring them but, it cost more than what you can sell them for. You're lucky if you can break even.

Glad you are like the rest of us....

Most of us here have the same affliction...

The best way that I've found to ease/cure the addiction is to find just ONE more Weber, c'mon, just ONE MORE is all I need! Oh, fark it anyways!!!

I thought of buying a new lid for my performer(lids handle is missing) which is too expensive. I see a black OTS which has been used 3 times for 20.00 on CL. Extra Webers are good to have for the parts. Maybe I will find a 22.5 Redhead and can rebuild it using the new black OTS parts. You are just building up your parts supply!

Back