WSM OR Akorn?

What you drinking Curtc? I was taking it easy with a couple Guinness's, but I may have messed up by cracking open the Jose Cuervp on a weeknight (school night at that!)! Oh well, just had to drop a $1000 on the wife's Lexus so I'm drowning the pain! Haha

Edit: Get that farking Akorn! It's just $$$ Bro. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and do the same! Let's do this!

Curtc, do you wanna do pizza outdoors? If so, your answer is the Akorn or the more expensive Kamado Joe.

But I suppose one could put two pizza stones in a UDS, one below and one above on the higher grate.. that'd almost be like a kamado. Don't know if the WSM can get 500-550F ? It'd be cumbersome though.. just a thought.

Curtc, do you wanna do pizza outdoors? If so, your answer is the Akorn or the more expensive Kamado Joe.

But I suppose one could put two pizza stones in a UDS, one below and one above on the higher grate.. that'd almost be like a kamado. Don't know if the WSM can get 500-550F ? It'd be cumbersome though.. just a thought.

Steaks/Burgers which I make allot!!

The beauty of doing pizzas in the UDS is that pizza stones are not required. Simply put the pizza directly on the rack...the direct heat crisps the dough up nice and it doesn't really matter what temps you use although i go higher just to finish them quicker. I have done them lower like 275-300 before and even that works great.

The beauty of doing pizzas in the UDS is that pizza stones are not required. Simply put the pizza directly on the rack...the direct heat crisps the dough up nice and it doesn't really matter what temps you use although i go higher just to finish them quicker. I have done them lower like 275-300 before and even that works great.

Will have to try the pizza!!!

Um, We (Redhot and I) have both. Well, if you consider a Cajun Bandit mod to a Weber Performer a WSM, that is. :thumb::becky:

I have gone through 1 year with my Akorn. For the price you can't beat it. I have done everything on it except pizzas. Once you dial in the vents, smoking is a breeze. The dome thermometer is not trustworthy so I encourage you to get a wireless thermometer. I would like to purchase another one when the time is right.

Back