Our comp schedule

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
These are the comps we are considering. We are planning on six plus the Royal. If we get an invite to the Jack we may add that one as well :roll::biggrin:
Will any of you be going?
We may also add the West Des Moines comp.

5/7-5/8: Council Bluffs, IA
5/14-5/15: Minnesota in May, Austin, MN
6/11-6/12: Ottumwa, IA
6/25-6/26: Marshalltown, IA (for sure)
7/9-7/10: Shannon, IL (for sure)
7/16-7/17: Waterloo, IA
7/17-7/18: LaPorte City, IA
7/23-7/24: Mason City, IA
7/30-7/31: Pleasant Hill, IA
8/27-8/28: Nevada, IA
10/1-10/2: American Royal (for sure)

We're planning on doing the Waterloo/LaPorte & Mason City run (spend a week of vacation in MN in between them).

Oh...to have a comp schedule this early in the year, I am envious! Stayin close to home too?

Nate, they have a brew supply store in valley junction. Maybe a little incentive?

We will see you in Austin Mn and Mason City Ia for sure...I have strict orders for a maximum of 2 comps per month, so I'm afraid many of the Iowa events are gonna be off my list. Kinda sucks but it looks like Mason City maybe our only Iowa comp

My list is on my blog.

Todd, Ottumwa is also the video game capital of the world. If you get a chance watch king of kong.

On another note, I heard they had a huge buffet spread including seafood and an open bar on Thursday night.

My list is on my blog.

Todd, Ottumwa is also the video game capital of the world. If you get a chance watch king of kong.

On another note, I heard they had a huge buffet spread including seafood and an open bar on Thursday night.

We are catering the World Pork Expo again this year. Planning to do Ottumwa. So sad that Qlossal isn't happening.

Last edited:
We haven't started planning yet. Things are changing at work due to a pending acquisition so I have no idea how many Fridays I'll be able to get off. Assuming things go well we'll see you at Shannon and Marshalltown for sure, and possibly Otumwa, Waterloo and Laporte City. Not sure about the others.

There's no reason for any of you to try to hit W'loo this year.
I hear it's full up alresdy,and it's going to be sufferin hot, and ther'll be mosquitos as big as humming birds, and big winds too.......
ModelMaker

There's no reason for any of you to try to hit W'loo this year.
and it's going to be sufferin hot, and ther'll be mosquitos as big as humming birds, and big winds too.......
ModelMaker
That makes sense to me, if by "sufferin hot" you mean really freaking cold; and by "mosquitos" you mean night-time beggars; and by "big winds" you mean sirens blasting all night long.

Maybe we should rethink W'loo...

That makes sense to me, if by "sufferin hot" you mean really freaking cold; and by "mosquitos" you mean night-time beggars; and by "big winds" you mean sirens blasting all night long.

Maybe we should rethink W'loo...

Brings back fond memories, you reminiscing like that:eek:

Just figured out that the nearest alternative is cancelled in 2010 so I guess we are in:mrgreen:

Back