View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #1
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Time vrs quality

Guys, this is to add to a previous post about the Pianni sandwiches. This one festival I have coming up, I do ruebens, which is smoked corn beef, swiss or provolone cheese, sour-craut and a sauce pressed in a rye bread. My wife suggested this year, to fore go the heated press (power and time issues) use warmed saurcraut, warmed cheese and serve. I really like the pressed sandwich, however doing this way is almost as good, however 3-1 serve ratio. I tried pre-making however thatwas a mess..We all need to keep the lines moving and make it the easiest to serve, Joe, Matt any ideas??? When the press is 4 sandwiches backed up thats the problem..If I used a 220 press they do it in 1 minute, 4 at a time. If I pick up a 220 , I would have to run a dedicated line, to another gen set, as I only have 5 kw on board, I would need 20 amp (about 2 kw) min just for the press..