New Acquisition!!! Drum roll PLEASE!!!

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK guys, I hinted that this might happen. And it did, this time with the Secretary of Domestic Tranquilitys approval!
I have been driving past this thing for probably a year. I didn't need it. Hell, I don't even know if I wanted it. One thing for sure is I couldn't let the dang thing sit in the rain and snow and die that horrible death of neglect.
So I did the honorable thing.
I saved it.
And it only cost me $100. Can you say SCORE??
I think that's a hell of a deal, don't y'all?
BTW, anyone ever seen anything like it? I can find nothing on the internet about it.
So without further adieu I give you pics:

100_7901.jpg

100_7903.jpg

100_7904.jpg

This next one you can see there's some rust damage in the firebox, but luckily I know a REALLY good welder.

100_7905.jpg

You did the honorable thing Harbormaster. Looks like it's got lots of life left in it too. The New Braunfels name might shed some light on the unit but I sure as hell can't.

Congrats on the new purchase.:eusa_clap

Looks good. Rust looks like it could be minor. Where's the exhaust?

looks like a great smoker for 100 bones! I know if I brought that thing home I'd be sleepin outside with it! :cool: can't wait to see it fired up!

On th top of the Vertical theres a vent hole with a slide mechanism to close it off.

Even searching on Google for " New Braunfels Chuckwagon Cooker" comes up with nada.

It is 1/4 inch steel so it does have a lot of life left.

I like it....where can I find one?:biggrin:

It is 1/4 inch steel so it does have a lot of life left.
That's where that good welder you mentioned comes to play. I'm an idiot for not reading the post right.

Last edited:
Good for you. I'm looking foreward to hearing how it works and seeing the pics of your first cook with it.

New Braunfels made the Bandera originally. Gotta be good stuff there. You done good!

Very nice Clark! I remember way back when you first set your eyes on this baby, I don't think I could keep driving by it as long as you did, you must be a very patient farker! My OL does not complain any more about me bringing home stray cookers as was evident when I was cleaning the grates off the WSM I got off CL or cooking wings on my new UDS today!

Nice Score!!

The support group is forming!

Brian

Nice. I'll be in Prairie later in the summer to visit my sister's river cabin. Feel free to bring it down and I'll send you off with the $100 and a 12 pack of Blatz.:-D

Very nice score!!! You managed to get the BBQ Gods and The Sec of Dom Tranq to smile on you at the the same time!!! Lucky Farker:biggrin: .
Dave

Back