Cowgirls suggestion- Fried Prosciutto wrapped pickles

Looks great Marty. Let me ask, did the bacon or prosciutto get at all crispy. It had to taste great. Would you make any changes on the next batch?

Looks great Marty. Let me ask, did the bacon or prosciutto get at all crispy. It had to taste great. Would you make any changes on the next batch?

I pre-cooked the bacon which causes serious wrikleage of it. The prosciutto acted as a nice wrapper to hold the bacon on. Next time I would use about half that amount of pickle. The dill pickle flavor was great but overwhelmed the other flavors. Next time I will play with spices as well.

I have told Jeanie MANY TIMES...she needs her own cooking show.....she is so talented and just a plain natural for that. Folks would absolutely eat up (sorry for the pun) a show with outside/outdoor/camping cooking with her.....

Marty it looks tasty! Thanks for the info on the precooked bacon and prosciutto. I wondered how that would work. I think I might just try the prosciutto alone next time.... hmmm maybe sliced ham. :grin:

I have told Jeanie MANY TIMES...she needs her own cooking show.....she is so talented and just a plain natural for that. Folks would absolutely eat up (sorry for the pun) a show with outside/outdoor/camping cooking with her.....

You're just tooo sweet!!! Thank you!! :hug: :becky:

Back