re heat

smoking everythang

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have a question about reheating ribs, tips and chops for vending on a trailer. I read almost ALL post concerning this matter but my questions are do any vendors reheat their ribs etc.. off a commercial broiler and what are the outcomes?? I have a 24 inch broiler in my setup and was thinking of smoking, cooling, and reheating on the broiler I have always kept in coolers but have more space in my fridge. I know about the cambro and plan on getting one in the near future but only want to put brisket n butts in there. Any suggestions??????

I haven't done it. The thing I would worry about would be getting the too dark or charring the outside. Do you have an oven on your vending trailer?

I haven't done it. The thing I would worry about would be getting the too dark or charring the outside. Do you have an oven on your vending trailer?
Thats what I was thinking also no oven, do have a griddle, broiler, 2 burner stove, 1well steam table. I seen a few bbq resturants do them on DDD but dont know the outcome. Also im very limted on space as far as the oven goes.

i studied chinese restaurants. they smoke(cook) ribs in bulk, cool and store. when an order comes in they partition a serving and put it in the salamander, or in your case, the broiler. this way is good because it gives you a supply break. you cook to feed the cooler so there is less waste and less chance of running out of food.

I have seen a few places over the years that pre-cook in the smoker, keep the color lighter. Quick chill just as ribs get tender. Then use a grill to reheat, a broiler would work as well. Consider rub composition for this, maybe less sugar, punch sweetness on the reheat.

Thats what I was thinking also no oven, do have a griddle, broiler, 2 burner stove, 1well steam table.

Obviously you dont vend bbq? :mrgreen:

Ribs will darken quickly, use a mop sauce to keep them looking fresh.
Pork chops will turn into hockey pucks. Stay away from pork chops. :wink:

Pork chops will turn into hockey pucks. Stay away from pork chops. Were just starting out vending bbq on a regular basis used to do it once a week with great results we cooked in the morning kept in coolers sold out by mid evening piece of cake!! Now that we plan on taking more days I was trying to figure out the best way to keep larger quanties of cooked meat and properly reheat them. St. Louis is big on pork steaks and chops gotta figure that one out!! Thanks for the info

Lose the 2 burner stove and get either an alto sham or even an electric insulated warming box may be used. If you can slowly reheat them its easier to finish on a hot grill or maybe even the broiler.

Pork chops will turn into hockey pucks. Stay away from pork chops. Were just starting out vending bbq on a regular basis used to do it once a week with great results we cooked in the morning kept in coolers sold out by mid evening piece of cake!! Now that we plan on taking more days I was trying to figure out the best way to keep larger quanties of cooked meat and properly reheat them. St. Louis is big on pork steaks and chops gotta figure that one out!! Thanks for the info

Your health department lets you keep cooked meat in a cooler during the day?

Back