Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Rib Fest --> May 23-24 upto 42 Teams!

goodsmokebbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Man is time flying... We are having a great turnout so far, thanks to all the Brethren who have signed up!:-D:-D:-D

42 KCBS teams to date, and 55 overall including the rib cookoff on Sat.

Let me know if anyone needs anything.

That's great, Brian. Congrats.

Don't forget, the GC will receive a FREE KCBS Entry into Boston Hills BBQ Fest on June 26th-28th. Boston Hills BBQ Fest is gaining momentum too! Great to see BBQ is alive and well in WNY!

We're really looking forward to ROC CITY RIBFEST!

Swamp Pit: I've secured the tow vehicle for your trailer. You'll need to send a "Care Package" along with your rig.... :biggrin:

Most likley will be helping a friend from Rochester who started his own team. He got the bug after helping us @ Merrimack last year.

cannot wait for the contest!! Still waiting to see how many high school cullinary students that I will get as helpers!!!

We will be there. Comin in late after another competition in Ottawa Ontario. Thanks for being accomodating about our really late arrival it is appreciated. I am going to need all the expresso i can get to make it through back to back comps.

We will be there. Comin in late after another competition in Ottawa Ontario. Thanks for being accomodating about our really late arrival it is appreciated. I am going to need all the expresso i can get to make it through back to back comps.
wow! we always have coffee available, just say the word :biggrin:

Nah, lets slip her the decaf.....shhhhhhh:icon_shy.....dont worry, no problem staying up all night.....:twisted:

cannot wait for the contest!! Still waiting to see how many high school cullinary students that I will get as helpers!!!

I am finding there are not many cullinary programs in this area (plenty in NYC). Anyone from the area know of anything?

I am finding there are not many cullinary programs in this area
a friend of mine from High School is a teacher with some high school cullinary students, they are going to barter presentation boxes for learning bbq....I figure it is a win win situation....

well, from fairport anyway.......it is part of a high school there where students can earn credit for college/cullinary school....

lunchmeat will be there!

I'm so excited for this event! Can't wait to touch base with everyone and start off the summer the RIGHT WAY!...

looks to be a glorious Memorial Day Weekend... right Sled?

20 days...

Redneck Pitkrew will be there, Looking forward to it, our first comp in New York, as well as our first for this year. Gonna be a good time.

Hey everyone if anyone is looking for a hotel room for this competition my husband got us a great deal here was his post from another forum:

If anyone still needs a hotel room for this comp, we got a good deal through priceline.com for Friday night: Hyatt Regency Rochester for $73.90. Best rate (no refund) on their website is $135.20.

http://www.rochester.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It is 7 miles from the competition.

To get the same price, or close to it, bid for a 4 star hotel in Rochester Downtown and bid no more than $58.00. I started the bidding at $45 and it offered me a free bid for $13 more.

Hey everyone if anyone is looking for a hotel room for this competition my husband got us a great deal here was his post from another forum:

Diva,
that is a great price for that hotel! it is a high rise with a great view of downtown. I would check with them about parking, I believe it is all in a parking garage, not sure about height requirement or ability to handle trailers. Also the traffic and oneway streets can be a little challenging.

lunchmeat will be there!

I'm so excited for this event! Can't wait to touch base with everyone and start off the summer the RIGHT WAY!...

looks to be a glorious Memorial Day Weekend... right Sled?

20 days...

Eeeeek

Sledcast

Saturday, May 23
18.gif

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F
Periods of rain

Saturday Night, May 23
36.gif

Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, May 24