View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #84
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Default Official Musical TD entry.

My inspiration for my entry happened in 1985 at the Kabuki Nightclub in San Francisco. My buddy Lex and I went to see Metallica, Death Angel and Armored Saint the show itself was amazing, I used to love the small venues. Lex had gone to high school with bassist Cliff Burton so we had planned on either getting on stage or backstage. We decided just to try and get backstage which we did, while trying to find our way we came across a large room with and awesome spread, lots of food, drink and groupies (chicks) but it was Armored Saints room so we thought FARK!! if they are that decked out whats the headliners spread gonna look like. We finally found our way to a room with 1 table (empty) and a couple of tubs filled with St Pauli Girl probably 20 people tops including the band and Cliff Burton's mom was even there which I thought was cool, she was very conservative and out of place would be an understatement. I was starstruck but Lex was right at home Chatting it up with Cliff and his Mom. The rest of the band was totally cool, very laid back and down to earth easy to talk to. It was kind of a sausage fest though, not may chicks and lots of dudes so I figured I would hang a couple of chicks today to pay tribute to that night and to make up for the chick shortage.

My Heavy Metal tribute begins with the fabrication of WSM hanging adapter 2.0.

The chicks were split up according to size and rubbed down with Oakridge BBQ Secret weapon pork and chicken, love that stuff.

Preheated the WSM to 300 and waited for sweet blue before hanging the chicks.

Rock solid 300* for 2 hours.

Pulled them @ about 162 in the breast the leg and thigh were in the 170 range.

Here it is plated and the one constant between then and now is a St. Pauli Girl.

Thanks for looking and if anybody is wondering, Yes they were real and they were SPECTACULAR!! :THUMB:

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Last edited by Will work for bbq; 02-10-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->