• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Considering a trailer? Fire concern

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you are considering an enclosed trailer and are going to cook in in or on the drop gate here's a couple of pics to illustrate why no cooker is ever a set it and forget it. Taken at Grand Bend this past weekend and published on another Forum. Steve is a fireman and had all the right equipment or this could have been bad. He cooks on an FE. For the record I also had a grease fire in one of mine. What a rush. :eek::eek::eek:

dencajunfire1.jpg

dencajunfire2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

dencajunfire3.jpg.w300h225.jpg

I witnessed a very similar grease fire in the same type cooker, in an enclosed trailer. Some moderate damage, could have been catastrophic. Scary stuff. Glad Steve was prepared.

Our spicewine gets rolled out of the trailer to cook. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Never understood why you would cook in your trailer likethat. Yes it is vented, but how much smoke you got opening and closing your door?

Never understood why you would cook in your trailer likethat. Yes it is vented, but how much smoke you got opening and closing your door?

Hey Steve is a fireman, or fire marshal maybe he likes the blue smoke!

Mine has windows and 2 roof vents and with FE's you don't get a lot of smoke after they get going. And I do it so I don't have to go up and down steps so often. Easier on the knees. This year the trailer has been reconfigured so I can have 2 FE's out on the drop gate and one at the back corner with exhaust going out of the trailer. This way I can pull a rack out, turn and place it on a surface to work on the meat (ribs or chicken). It's very convenient.

I witnessed a very similar grease fire in the same type cooker, in an enclosed trailer. Some moderate damage, could have been catastrophic. Scary stuff. Glad Steve was prepared.

Hey, Rob, are you talking about that trailer that melted at Lakeland two years ago? It was two down from us and we smelled melting plastic half the night before anyone figured out what was happening.

I hope our paths cross again this year.

JCA

Back