There, I fixed my Weber kettle

Beerbecue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I recently acquired my first ever Weber kettle, an 18.5" for $10 on Craigslist, but after many years of cooking on a Chargriller, I was dissapointed in the Weber's flimsy wire cooking grate so I modified it by cutting down some cast iron grates that I saved from an older Chargriller. The baby Weber cooks much better now.
weber005.jpg

'Atta boy - I do the same thing with my center burner from my stove when I sear or need something a little more stable to put the dutch oven on.

Cool mod, but in Weber's defense, we had to buy my dad's 22.5" OTS a new grate the last time I was down in MS. Anyway, we noticed that the "cheaper" grate, the one that isn't hinged, is now made just as heavy as the more expensive hinged grate. It's cool to see a company make a product better instead of cheaper for a change!

Weber is great, but, that is a nice mod and if you already have the grates, makes a lot of sense

Awesome idea. I was just about to toss out an old gasser too. Now I will be tossing out an old gasser minus the grates.

Back