man down

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
so my new drum is starting to rust inside. Mainly where my hands and or fingers touched. Is this a good thing or bad thing? Will rust contaminate food?

TIA

matt

vegetable oil is your friend. Apply liberaly.

That is a good sign that there isn't some nefarious lining or coating in there. Brush it good and oil it and you will be good to go.

ok I am almost done with the drum. Just need to find dome lid that fits cuz my weber lid is literally off by 1/8th of an inch

then i just need my coal ring and im done..

ok I am almost done with the drum. Just need to find dome lid that fits cuz my weber lid is literally off by 1/8th of an inch

then i just need my coal ring and im done..

You may have to cut the top part of the weber bottom off and mount it in the top of the drum.

i see what your sayin. Mine sits on it but not tight or flush. even if i bend the weber lip out or do what swamprb showed, it wouldnt fit cuz it rests on top of the drum, just not air tight like it does on the kettle.

thanx for the info though. sorry,I should have been a lil more clear on what my lid was doing

i see what your sayin. Mine sits on it but not tight or flush. even if i bend the weber lip out or do what swamprb showed, it wouldnt fit cuz it rests on top of the drum, just not air tight like it does on the kettle.

thanx for the info though. sorry,I should have been a lil more clear on what my lid was doing

What he did is cut the top rim of the bottom of a weber kettle off and placed it inside the top of the drum to receive the lid. Should fit perfectly then since it is a weber to weber fit.

What he did is cut the top rim of the bottom of a weber kettle off and placed it inside the top of the drum to receive the lid. Should fit perfectly then since it is a weber to weber fit.

OHHHHHHH i get it. thats what i thought you ment the first time and then i saw the pics and he said he cut the lip off the drum He must have ment the weber drum of the kettle not the UDS drum... my bad.. thanx for clearfying that.

EDIT

i cant spel

Ok i just finished seasoning the drum. Used bout a cups worth of pure vegi oil. seasoned the whole darn drum, bottom and all. cept bottom of lid.One more thing and i will be ready to cook. i have almost 9 inches clearance from cooking grate to flat lid.

Is 4.5 inches from lid enough for smallish things?

thanx

ok i used alot of vegi oil and its all seasoned.. does water ever form on the lid of these things

Back