• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mother's Day Menu

Jeremiah

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just got back from shop rite, they have 4 ounce lobster tails on sale for 4.99 each (4 ounces). Not too bad...

Also picked up 3.5 lbs. of the large Alaskan King Crab legs. These are going right on the grill.

Have a 7 pound tenderloin that's going to get cut into fillets and topped with bleu cheese butter.

Sauted baby spinach with garlic, olive oil, grated Romano cheese, and topped with a poached egg.

I have some shrimp I'm going to drizzle with olive oil and partly coat with seasoned bread crumbs (probably broil these)

Picking up some salmon tomorrow (shop rite only had farmed booo :mad:). I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do this, my Mom said to keep the salmon bland (my words not hers). I normally use a lot of salt and fresh ground pepper, paprika, maybe a pinch of habanero pepper. I like heavy seasoning to cut the oiliness. I picked up a bunch of dill and a package of tarragon, I'm going to go with one or the other, just haven't decided. Probably going to throw some garlic, s+p and olive oil in the blender to use as a coating. Maybe some lemon juice + dijon and slowly work the oil in as an additional toping.

Just getting some ideas out, figured might as well share :biggrin:. I figure I'll also be more likely to snap some pr0n now that I've gone public.

My Mom's Day menu is on the BGE now... pulled pork, brisket and pork tenderloin, to be followed tomorrow with grilled pineapple and asparagus.

whats wrong with farm raised salmon?

kinda like the difference in you swimming at the waste water treatment plant or swimming in the ocean. the choice is yours :shock:

Sounds like a plan to me.:-D A simple rub for the salmon that we use is 1/4 cup of sea salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger. Mix it all together and pour it on the salmon, don't rub it in,( do this when almost ready to start cooking ) let it sit on the salmon for no more than 1/2 hour, shake off the excess rub that hasn't soaked in, then a little fresh ground black pepper and on to the grill.:-D

Add more brown sugar, put it on a cedar plank, and it's how I usually do salmon:
2162902017_0f384e66fb.jpg

Just finished making breakfast in bed with the kids. Probably doing seafood as well for dinner.

This was sausage, egg, biscuits and sawmill gravy with some chives on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Mom is on her way back to Florida right now, so I prepared a Mother's Day Eve dinner last night.

Grilled Lemon Wild Salmon
Asparagus with an Orange Mayonnaise Sauce (http://www.newsday.com/features/food/ny-fdsimp5667039apr30,0,6834149.story)
Fettucinne with Diced Peppers and a Tequila Lime Cream Sauce. (http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/22305/pasta-with-tequila-lime-cream-sauce.html)
Accompanied by a Riesling wine.

MothersDayDinner.jpg

Everyone loved it, and my wife thinks it may be the best meal that I've ever prepared.

Well wife's gone on beach/spa trip with daughter (gone for bash), so looks
I am going to Q myself something....Not! Had enough meat last few days, Gonna go chineese I guess. Happy day to all you Muthas!:biggrin:

I trashed a pork loin tonight. It was edible but not up to my specs. A bad Tstorm was coming thru and my MIL is a stickler about eating at a certain time. So I rushed it. I like to do pork loins offset on my Weber for 90 minutes at low heat. When temp hits 150 - 160* I foil and remove from heat, let rest for 10-15 minutes, then slice.

I rushed this one to for 1 hour and foiled and pulled at 145*. It was rare and OK, but I was bummed.

I also did Keri's Hog Apple Beans and they made up for the bad loin.

Made some beer batter seabass and crab bisque for momma. Started with stone crab claws.

Last edited by a moderator:
pr0n

I actually remember to take photos this time (almost)

Here goes nothing

IMGP1948s.jpg

IMGP1950s.jpg

Truffle oil!!

IMGP1953s.jpg

IMGP1955s.jpg

Forgot to snap one of the spinach :mad: so you get an empty plate

IMGP1956s.jpg

Threw the tarragon with the dill, garlic, dijon, lemon juice, and olive oil in a blender, then onto the salmon.

IMGP1961s.jpg

IMGP1965s.jpg

IMGP1967s.jpg

IMGP1971s.jpg

IMGP1981s.jpg

IMGP1986s.jpg

IMGP1989s.jpg

IMGP1993s.jpg

IMGP1997s.jpg

IMGP2000s.jpg

There they are !

Back