business cards

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got caught with my pants down at the last event we cooked for (first event for us) when I was asked for a card. What do you guys think of this card design?

livepreviewaspx.jpg

A lot of guys use this design from Vista Print, check your local guys to see if anyone else is using the flaming pig.

I had the same one from Vista Print. Looks good!

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it costs next to nothing to register a domain name like sceniccitybbq.com. Then head over to zoneedit.com and register for a free account and you can then set mail forwarding to send craigsmith@sceniccitybbq.com to what ever email address you want. I find having a proper email addy with the company name in it works better then a generic gmail.com or hotmail.com address.

Not overly complicated and if you like, send me a note and I'll document the process for you so you can get it going.

I thought that Diva Q might have a trademark on one of those saying's. But I could be wrong

thanks for the suggestions! Bacon I will check into that. If I have trouble I will send you a pm.

I did mine with Vista

Attachments

• livepreview.aspx.jpeg
    livepreview.aspx.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 136
I like the card you created minus the typo, but that's an easy fix.
I still like to print them at home on an as needed basis.
I print free business cards completely free.
:clap2: :mod:

My Card

The wife's design she is a graphic artist so if anyone ever needed help, I am sure she could give a Brethren Discount .....Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 72
I view business cards as a means to get someone else's card/contact information.

Kep an email list (try constant contact ) and don't give away your card without getting their contact information and permision to keep them posted about what you are up to.

99% of the people will have no problem (keep a clip board or some other way of recording their information if they don't have a card).

Send out one email a month. Something short and simple. A tip of the month. A recipe. Something that isn't pushing your business, something useful that will keep you name fresh in their minds.

good luck and very nice card

GoDaddy does a decent jobs well. You can be up and running for the price of a Thermopen.

Thats a pretty common card, I've seen a few from teams around here. Think I saw it on the Vistaprint stock business card template.

Back